• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

612 yard groups

Rimdenter

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2021
Texas
In this photo you can see the brown paper target in the distance the whitest looking thing to the left is a lid off a 55gal drum. I dialed the ballistics of the Lapua program they were 1 moa off I had to use everything I had to get there including 20 moa on the tree for some rounds ! This is a 20 acre lake and shooting across water is different theres a updraft because the lake is in a valley. The phone camera is zoomed to the max.
20210404_175940.jpg

In this photo the white tabs are a 10 shot group of SK PLUS I had a 4-5 mph wind at 3-4.30 I included the spin drift. The plus put 6 in a 12x12 " square 1 up center by 2 " 1 low by 4" center and 1 way low right fps was 32 lower than the high shot
20210404_201950.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: STex
In this grouping the light yellow is center x it put 6 in a 11x11"square 2 way high 2 little low right. The green is SkLR it put 7 in a 9x11 group 2 high rt alittle 1 low left. The light pink is rifle match it scattered at this range triple what it shoots at 330 yds question is , is this what yall see at this range 6-7 rounds on a 9-12" group " this is a 16 twist barrel. The 2 green Mark's on right edge are 1 the bullet hit the pvc pipe and fragmented. I will say shooting the 55gal lid was a piece of cake. Its 18" seems like it took a minute to here the impact.
20210404_202007.jpg

Last edited:
And people laugh at me when I tell them my goal with my new Vudoo is 600 yds.

You did not tell us what rifle you were using. Pictures of the rifle would definitely add to this thread.

How many misses before you hit your target at 612?

Or, did you make a first or second round hit at that range?

How many misses before you hit your target at 612?

Or, did you make a first or second round hit at that range?
3rd shot hit the 55 gal drum lid with the SK plus , between ammo switches 1st or second shot the rifle match was on the 3rd shot. I hit it all 5 run in shots with SKLR and Center x. That's a 18" dia. Lid

Last edited:
Reactions: Starbuck
650 yds would be the max for this setup I would have to get a new base over 40 moa.

The rifle is a RIM X in Grayboe stock Keystone Accuracy Green Mountain blank med heavy Palma in 25" match chamber. Vortex strike Eagle optics 40moa rail , 20moa mono block ring set. This pic is when I had the Shilen 24 3/4" ratchet on it same contour.
Standard twist?
Curious because I have a faster twist being built right now in a similar length barrel.

Yes 16 twist I have not shot the Shilen this far it's a 14t I have a Bartlien 11-10 progressive coming I believe 🤞 will help some ,except for the low high flyers from veloicty swings, horizontally I cant complain

Reactions: JBoomhauer
This barrel at 330yds will put 6-7 in a 3.25 " avg. group with LR and center x with flyers opening up groups to 7ish ", but at this range the MOA is progressively opening up I believe it's a growing stability issue.

1 important factor I left out ! I wasnt walking to check target it's over a mile to get there I used the Polaris Ranger ! The Dam is down the hill to right its almost 500 yds across then it's a trek through the woods seen acouple deer on my 3rd pass then out through the remaining pecan orchard to target.

Reactions: RGStory
This barrel at 330yds will put 6-7 in a 3.25 " avg. group with LR and center x with flyers opening up groups to 7ish ", but at this range the MOA is progressively opening up I believe it's a growing stability issue.
A five-shot group that is MOA with .22LR at 330 yards is remarkable, six to seven all the more. Is this result repeatable, that is to say, can it be done with consecutive groups? Or is it 6 - 7 rounds out of 10 that gives MOA results?

It takes 10 shots to avg. 6-7 hits in a 3.
25" group I've never got all 10 In 8 was the max with a flyer that banged it out to 14" ? Thought it might have been a different brand it wasnt . On the targets above I started out with a up 4 mph wind from 3-4 I dialed for this as the evening wound down so did the wind and my groups started walking back right. I could see the colored marks from the bench through scope I couldnt see new hits though I need a DIY cam

I just calulated some math on this I launched my bullets !I said LAUNCHED !
7.4268 stories high like floors in a building and dropped 4-7 in a paper plate 1,836 feet across the pond or a little over 1/3 rd of a mile. That's funny I dont care who's telling you that people would think your were a nut !

I haven't had a dead on 400 yd evaluation I'll have to roam the property to find a spot the far edge of lake is 479 yds. I might could move down the hill some and put a flat cover on bed of sxs the reason I shot 612 is I needed something to lean the drum lid up against that was the closest to 600.

I'm gonna run 2 more lots of ammo here thru this barrel then put the Shilen on it and give it a fling.

I suppose we now know what those 5K rounds of SK+ were purchased for.

Have you repeated the results? Now that you have demonstrated that your build is capable of making the hits, I am curious if it is your intent to work on your skill set to the level that you can confidently repeat the results. Do you already feel confident that you can?

Dont know yet I should be able to , I get the same consistency at 330 I do have 2 more types of ammo to try a case of SKLR on the way. Then I'm focusing on hand loading for the .224 barrel I'm seeing more consistent es out of the 25" barrel , but I was examining the lid and paper yesterday and some bullets appeared to be impacting imperfectly. So another rabbit to chase.

I suppose we now know what those 5K rounds of SK+ were purchased for.

Have you repeated the results? Now that you have demonstrated that your build is capable of making the hits, I am curious if it is your intent to work on your skill set to the level that you can confidently repeat the results. Do you already feel confident that you can?
I burn thru 500 to 1000 rounds a week till this week business is cutting into my business😁 my wife got so made 3 weeks ago about all the hulls around the porch I had to clean them up. I thought how am I gonna do this can't use a magnet , so hello shopvac 5 gallon one I use on the trucks. It was 1/2 full from a little over 6 weeks , alot of rounds have to go down range to learn a gun a get married to it 😀

I burn thru 500 to 1000 rounds a week till this week business is cutting into my business😁 my wife got so made 3 weeks ago about all the hulls around the porch I had to clean them up. I thought how am I gonna do this can't use a magnet , so hello shopvac 5 gallon one I use on the trucks. It was 1/2 full from a little over 6 weeks , alot of rounds have to go down range to learn a gun a get married to it 😀

Ha ha. Certainly can relate to that. I was up to 500 rounds a week for a couple of years. 22LR cases became like glitter, sprinkled everywhere and I could never seem to police them all.

I have been stopped so many times at the airport to inspect my bags because TSA found another some more spent cartridges that it became a running joke. I have no idea how they wiggle themselves into some of the places I've found them. I didn't even take my laptop case to the field!?

Perhaps my wife was just trying to get me detained to teach me a lesson. She has a dark sense of humor that I can appreciate.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Ha ha. Certainly can relate to that. I was up to 500 rounds a week for a couple of years. 22LR cases became like glitter, sprinkled everywhere and I could never seem to police them all.

I have been stopped so many times at the airport to inspect my bags because TSA found another some more spent cartridges that it became a running joke. I have no idea how they wiggle themselves into some of the places I've found them. I didn't even take my laptop case to the field!?

Perhaps my wife was just trying to get me detained to teach me a lesson. She has a dark sense of humor that I can appreciate.
Sounds like my wife she cleaned the front bedroom today , Im scared to go home I had my RIM X , Anschutz my .277 ar with Thermion on it in there. I hope their all in 1 PC. and I can find them!

I'll be the 1st to say it, nice work!

I get hits at 300 but that's about it. Suppressed you hear pssst, I rack the rifle, then hear the faintest 'tink' on steel. Have tried farther with no luck, yet.

I'll be the 1st to say it, nice work!

I get hits at 300 but that's about it. Suppressed you hear pssst, I rack the rifle, then hear the faintest 'tink' on steel. Have tried farther with no luck, yet.
Get it grouping at 300 12" or less then move out might have to spend some time behind the gun.

It's a steel target and I can't tell where it's hitting on that target and can't go look.
Tried 400 yards and have no clue where it was missing.
This is on a hot range where I can't go to the target.
WIll try in a different area when I am able.