• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

69 gain SMK

South40

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2022
Texas
I’m sure this has been posted multiple times but I am new to the site and need some help.

Need an MOA table for the following setup

16 inch Larue Stealth 1:8
69 grain FGMM SMK factory load
2750 ish Muzzle velocity - don’t have easy access to a chrono
0-600 yards
Central texas

I’m sure this has been posted multiple times but I am new to the site and need some help.

Need an MOA table for the following setup

16 inch Larue Stealth 1:8
69 grain FGMM SMK factory load
2750 ish Muzzle velocity - don’t have easy access to a chrono
0-600 yards
Central texas
JBMballistics.com. It’s free.

Haven’t had much luck with JBM. Calculations are not even close to the factory chart. I’m sure I’m doing something wrong though.

One word of caution, double check your inputs with that bullet as Sierra and every app that uses their library has the BC reversed in the banded info. It incorrectly lists the BC as increasing as velocity decreases.

GeoBallistics is free for one rifle on Android and iOS. It uses the same engine as JBM but more streamlined as to the data entry Vs the website.

Unless you are entering the exact same data as was used to create the factory chart they won't be close... but you are getting wrapped around the axle on that. It's 200 fps faster that your rifle so it won't be accurate info for you either.

If you have the ability to precisely see and measure impacts at your 0-600 yards look at this:

If you have the ability to precisely see and measure impacts at your 0-600 yards look at this:

Yes, if you can hit.

I got 2715 fps from 69gr Fed GMM at sea level from an 18" Nordic barrel (rifle gas). So I would guess closer to 2650-2675 from a 16". I would highly suggest finding a friend or range that would rent a chrono.