• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6920's back at wal mart?

DogBone87

Private
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2011
Mississippi
The local Wally World has "eased" a few 6920's back on the rack (~$1k). Has anyone else noticed this at their local stores? Hypocrites lol!

My buddy saw one in the Tupelo MS Walmart last Thursday or Friday for $1035, IIRC.

I got one in AK on Friday for $1067. That seemed like a good price to me, even Pre-freakout. They got 4 in, I bought the last one with people grumbling behind me. They were on the rack for less than 4 hrs. They also had 65 cases of xm855 come in, that all went in 24 hrs.

My walmart has had a steady stream also but like blackblue said you about have to be standing at the register when they pull them out of the box to get one.

I stopped at a Wal-Mart about an hour and a half from home last week and they had two Colt 6920 MOEs in the rack. Non of the Wal-marts close to me have had any ARs on the rack in months

The walmarts around me don't even sell firearms. They have a locked case with a few boxes of shotgun shells and occasionally you can find a box or 2 of 308 or 5.56 ammunition. It's nearly 2 hrs to the nearest walmart that sells guns...

Don't worry, you can still buy a Walmart colt and "price" it at whatever you like...

My three wallyworlds are over run with Guns and hunting ammo. The cheap stuff, tula, is hit and miss. Things are really slowing down.

Ar's are usually on the shelf at my wally world. Last time I was there they had 3 different ones on the rack and a beretta carbine rifle. Ammo is pretty slim though unless you are looking for hunting cartridges.

they are still not showing up around here, but i do think everything is slowly getting back to "normal".

Some of the dealers in FL have numerous ARs on the shelves. Boxes and boxes of M&P 15s for sub 1000. P308s for $2700 etc. Prices will drop further quickly...

why is everyone so excited about the 6920 its a pretty basic AR, I can think of other guns with more options on them for less money pre panic

why is everyone so excited about the 6920 its a pretty basic AR, I can think of other guns with more options on them for less money pre panic

It doesn't matter how many "options" a gun has if these "options" are bolted on to a quality platform. The Colt LE6920 is the standard by which others are compared. Colt builds the LE6920 right. That can't be said for most commercially produced AR15 clones.

That $1k price is actually the normal price for the Colts. The bare bones DPMS' (I think its the Sportical) are just under $600. The craze isn't over. More like the scarcity has demotivated people from going on with their searches. That, and the failed attempts with legislation has probably eased some of the paranoia too. When I can pick up a Pmag at less than $20 then I will say its safe to assume things are "normal".

BTW, one of my co-workers told me that he picked up one of those AR-22's that Wallyworld carries. He said that people were asking him if he was going to buy it as he was holdong it. He decided to purchase it, and before he even left the counter, people were making him offers on it. Gonna part with some .22 ammo so he can actually shoot it. Guns might be getting easier to come by, but there is still panic with ammo.