• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

69gr. matchkings @ imr 8208?

Bullet Pusher

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2013
TX.
Will this powder work for the 69's or should i try varget i just do not know what all this powder will work on.Thanks

yes, very nice on 69/77 - meters better than varget, otherwise not much difference

8208 has worked very well for me in my 223 AI with the 69 smk. It has been very stable and accurate across a wide range of temperatures.

When I ran short of Varget and could not find any to buy, I started looking for an alternative. I decide on 8208 and was able to obtain a good supply. It's been performing just as we'll as Varget and maybe a little better using 69 and 75 grain bullets out of Rem 700 LTR 20" bArrel w/ 1-9 twist.

If I can't get Varget anymore but have plenty 8208 ill just as happy.

It also works very week in .308 win. It pours great and measures very consistently.
RRG

8208-XBR is a Fantastic powder with Nos. CC 69 BTHP Bullets. In an 18"' 1-8, Shilen select match AR barrel I get better groups than the gun will shoot with Black Hills 77 red-box. I use Tula 556M primers too, so nothin' fancy. It runs like $1.20 per round ammo for about $.25 / $.30 a shot...Gotta Love It!

My "perfect load" for that gun actually ended being several 1/10 grains Over Book Max...I won't say here, but I felt my way up to it carefully as I noticed groups closing at the highest book charge. YOUR OWN RISK if you go outside of the guides.

Powder is VERY clean, Drops in a Hornady LNL Progressive press within 1/10 th gr., smells great coming out of the can (who here doesn't Love the smell of an extruded powder in the bottle?!), and makes small groups when I do my part.

Compared to Varget, I got more speed with 1/2 grain less powder, using 77gr Nos CC's. Accuracy was not affected. I have shot it out to 1K.

8208 is a great powder but you really shouldn't buy it Its hard enough to get as is you should probably try CFE. LOL!!!!

I run 23 grain 2.24 COAL under 69 grain match kings. awesome load for 3 gun. shot .5" 5 shot groups at 200 yd and have witness to prove it. very good powder.

I'm getting good results with 23.3 grains out of a Remington xcr compact tactical loaded to 2.26" ... am getting .25" groups at 100

FYI, I just tried a load ladder today with 8208 xbr and 65 grain game kings. I had great accuracy at 23.0 grains in lake city brass with cci small rifle mag primers, seated to 2.26. I had great accuracy (2.25" @ 400) and great velocity with 24.5 and 25 grains as well, but that is well over book max for .223. I'm running a 5.56, so work up your loads carefully.