• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6ar turbo

502Chevelle

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2014
Charlotte NC
I have been working on a 22 grendel project that just has all sorts of issues that I can’t seem to isolate. The gun feeds good and runs good, but I have many unexplained fliers. Three out of five into a cloverleaf, with two shots an inch out each. No pattern to which shots go out, have shot multiple size and bullet brands. I’m looking at a rebbarrel to simply start over, and I’m looking at a 6 grinch which has an ackley type shoulder. My question for you hot rod semi shooters is, does that steep shoulder angle cause any feeding problems for you? I know all about the 6 arc, but I handload everything, so I don’t really care so much about factory ammo. Just mainly wondering about the 6 grendel with a blown out shoulder. My apologies for the disconbobulated rambling.

Why not go with 6ARC since its been proven to work?

Seems your 22 Grendel experimentation was a fail, so I would advise to stop experimenting and get something that works.

I’m running a 220 thunderbolt ar(6 Hagar necked down to 22) and it runs flawlessly from 6.8/Valkyrie magazines. 32 grain case capacity running 77grain Bullets at 3200 fps with no pressure signs and primer pockets are tight after 4 reloads. I’m all in on this caliber. Ordering a couple more barrels. Using reloaded 15.5 tightened up groups and increased velocity over varget.

Reactions: 502Chevelle
I ran a 6AR turbo in NRA matches for about 1500 rounds. Excellent accuracy and zero problems with anything. Only sold it because I went to a 6BR to match a bolt gun I had at the time.

Was hoping that @TonyTheTiger would chime in on this. He seems to have a good bit of experience in cases like this.
Wish I could but all I know about 6mm Turbo is from research, no hands on experience. My research did lead me to just going straight 6mm Grendel instead of any of the improved variants. The velocity gains from them seem fairly negligible and I wasn't sure I wanted to make my first wildcat experience any more complicated than it had to be. Having got my 6 Grendel up to 6 Turbo velocities (at the expense of brass life) I can say that the extra 50-75fps isn't worth any extra work or fireforming in my opinion.