• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6ARC Velocity @ 16" & 18"

SkyScrapin

Strictly Offensive Kit
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
Dallas, TX
strictlyoffensivekit.com
For you guys shooting 16" and 18" bolt action rifles chambered in 6mm ARC, what velocity did you get with Hornady's 108ELD factory loaded offering? 105g Hornady Black data points welcomed too.

Thanks,
Preston

Reactions: CUSTOM1911FAN
I do... but it's never been to the range when my chrono was there. Will likely never shoot it much past 200 yards, so it never really mattered much.

If no one has numbers, there's chance I could make it happen this sunday. I have a few factory rounds left. Assuming I don't forget it, which is highly probable. lmao

Reactions: Bravo6niner
Okay, highly scientific results here with my old PACT chrono and a grand total of three rounds per. But at least it’s something. Good day for it, bright but heavy overcast.

I thought I had a couple BLACK rounds left but it was the HUNT instead.

16" inch Uintah upper

6EC958C9-779D-493B-804D-198B33AF5896.jpeg

C1D2D20B-5AFC-4710-B08B-C5D1BA9288FB.jpeg

504F35F6-6FBE-4CE3-8E3C-809D4A00B25C.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bravo6niner
16" Uintah Precision (MGM 3 groove barrel IIRC)

Thanks for getting chrono data.

18" Ballistics Advantage barrel in a gas gun with Hornady factory 108s results in 2540.

This is why I had figured a 16.5” bolt action would get about the same velocity. PVA Osprey barrel - not sure if they’re slow or fast or somewhere in between. We’ll know in A couple months or so.

16" Uintah Precision (MGM 3 groove barrel IIRC)
How do you like the Uintah in 16” vs the 22”? Have you tried any hand loads to see what kind of velocity you can get out of the 16”? I want to get one but on the fence still haha

What do you think factory 108’s would yield on a 22” gas gun?

How do you like the Uintah in 16” vs the 22”? Have you tried any hand loads to see what kind of velocity you can get out of the 16”? I want to get one but on the fence still haha
I've not chrono'd any handloads with it, or even tried too many loads. Certainly haven't worked up any loads. I went 16" because portability / pack-ability was what I was after, and why I put the folder on it.

I've owned it a while now and I'm still on the fence about it.

18” BCB barrel (Vortakt OEM) got me 2460 avg with factory 108 ELDM on a new barrel

Now with about 100 down the tube and reloads, I’m getting 2630ish with 108 ELDM and 29 gr of lever

Reactions: SkyScrapin
I've not chrono'd any handloads with it, or even tried too many loads. Certainly haven't worked up any loads. I went 16" because portability / pack-ability was what I was after, and why I put the folder on it.

Are you on the fence with it as a platform or caliber?

My 18” gasser runs at 2600fps using 105 Black.

I ordered a 16.5” Osprey from PVA for a CDG with hopes of 2540fps in the bolt gun. I’m not reloading for stuff that’s commonly over the counter and in this case looking to match an M24 ballistics. On paper, this is as close as I’d gets which makes thermal military m24 reticles useful :)

FWIW, I know it is a different cartridge but very close ballistics wise.
I have had several different length bolt gun barrels in 6 mm Creed and my 16.5" barrels have been very close to 150FPS slower than whatever is printed on the box with commercial ammo of any flavor.