• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6BR Dies? rem vs norma vs ackley

tinker

Private
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2017
north of philly
I prefer RCBS Matchmaster dies so I ordered a set of 6BR rcbs matchmasters. They are listed as 6BR Remington.

I knew about 6BR and 6BRA but just found out there is 6BR rem and 6BRA.

So I ordered some redding S competition dies and was going to cancel the RCBS order.

I called RCBS and the guy on the phone is telling me the ONY diff between rem and norma is the throat.
Now I have read that is not the case and explained that to the rep at RCBS who told me he shoots 6BR norma and uses the matchmasters and that if there was a diff RCBS would sell norma dies.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I could use the Redding sizing die if need be and just use the RCBS seating die but just want to try to find out more info.

As of yet I have not loaded 6BR.

I prefer RCBS Matchmaster dies so I ordered a set of 6BR rcbs matchmasters. They are listed as 6BR Remington.

I knew about 6BR and 6BRA but just found out there is 6BR rem and 6BRA.

So I ordered some redding S competition dies and was going to cancel the RCBS order.

I called RCBS and the guy on the phone is telling me the ONY diff between rem and norma is the throat.
Now I have read that is not the case and explained that to the rep at RCBS who told me he shoots 6BR norma and uses the matchmasters and that if there was a diff RCBS would sell norma dies.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I could use the Redding sizing die if need be and just use the RCBS seating die but just want to try to find out more info.

As of yet I have not loaded 6BR.
I went through the same thing.
He is correct.
The throat length is the only difference between Remington and Norma.
All the dies that you will find will be marked as 6MM B.R. Remington.
They use the same dies.
6MM BRA has a 40° shoulder angle as compared to the 30° shoulder angle of the first 2.
You can't use 6mm BRA dies unless your rifle is chambered in 6mm BRA.
Here is a good article by MDT Analysis: 6MM BR Norma
IMG_9148.jpeg

Last edited:
You are all good, the dies are the same - Hornady and others call their dies 6mm BR Remington and Forster calls them 6mm Bench Rest.

Well I bought both die set because a good friend and I talked and we were sure it was diff LOL.

When they get here and I start trying to load some, I have no idea which ones I will actually use.

I prefer the RCBS but the numbers printed on the micrometer seater are usually very faint. The numbers are nice and bright in the redding seating dies but I just rcbs would make theirs bright. I guess I can always paint them.

But also a funny note is I get impatient and just buy stuff. So I also bought both berger 105 hybrid VLD and hornady 105 otm. The VLD need the special stem so I ordered that too for the redding dies. But I failed to even see if RCBS makes one.