• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why can NO ONE call 6BR the same thing???

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

Reactions: tinker and Baron23
And the 6mm BR Norma is a tiny bit longer than the 6mm BR Remington?? (after a 10 second glance at drawings without my glasses)

Reactions: Taylorbok
The lil' 6mm waters are certainly muddy with so many slightly different, but similar sized cases. There are a few "family photos" out there online, but none complete, and I didn't see any with the 6mmBR (Rem). I'd love to see a comprehensive one.

(I just realized even that could be confusing, invoking thoughts of the 7mm Waters. lol)

This has me thinking, a friend just bought and started loading for the 7mmBR. He bought some 6mmBR brass to neck up. But now I'm wondering if he found some original Rem brass or bought new Norma stuff not knowing the difference either.

Last edited:
6 BR (norma), 6 BR Rem, and 6 Rem are 3 different cases.
the first 2 are close.
The 6 BR Norma is the modern PRS cartridge.

Lots of drama queens, and whining. Grab a pair.
Where are all the men?
The dies are the same the Norma chamber is long throated for 105 grainers. The Remington, for short benchrest bullets 68 to 90 grs.
Brass brand capacities are somewhat different.
Work up a load for your rifle...or choose a different hobby.
I use alpha brass, but for the 6 Dasher.
Im Not concerned about any of it.
I'm only wondering how come the velocities are so low? My target loads run 108s at 2970 to 3020 fps.
My high velocity loads run 110 SMK at 3085 fps. 115 DTAC at 3020 fps. Or 58 gr Vmax at 4100 fps. Alpha brass is holding up well, not too concerned about brass life, or barrel life, it's part of shooting.
Do your own gunsmithing and its like changing a flat tire. No line no waiting.
Back in the day, a top BR shooter ordered 9 barrels at a time, scoped out & chambered by his gunsmith, and ready to go for one season of competition. He was top finisher, always.

The lil' 6mm waters are certainly muddy with so many slightly different, but similar sized cases. There are a few "family photos" out there online, but none complete, and I didn't see any with the 6mmBR (Rem). I'd love to see a comprehensive one.

(I just realized even that could be confusing, invoking thoughts of the 7mm Waters. lol)

This has me thinking, a friend just bought and started loading for the 7mmBR. He bought some 6mmBR brass to neck up. But now I'm wondering if he found some original Rem brass or bought new Norma stuff not knowing the difference either.
It doesn’t matter. Specifically in the case of the 7mmBR being necked up from 6mmBR. Same as necking up to get the 30BR, which is a fun little BR cartridge for sure. Just make sure that your finished cases are all the same case length and meet spec for your end goal.

I'm only wondering how come the velocities are so low? My target loads run 108s at 2970 to 3020 fps.

Because this forum is mainly for practical/tactical and PRS type shooting. The trend is to run slower. You're trying to insert your personal goals/beliefs on a forum population that doesn't share your goals.

Not to mention, Dashers running that hot are often over 65k psi. Not every barrel, but many of them.

Because this forum is mainly for practical/tactical and PRS type shooting. The trend is to run slower. You're trying to insert your personal goals/beliefs on a forum population that doesn't share your goals.

Not to mention, Dashers running that hot are often over 65k psi. Not every barrel, but many of them.
So why run slower on purpose, if accuracy is acceptable at a higher node, would you not use it, to gain an edge in LR shooting, with respect to drift and trajectory? Trying to save on barrels?
I was truly amazed at the low velocities, so I don't get it.
Yep, it's not my deal to run slow and many loads will be in the 65,000 psi range.
I do not care that everyone likes to run slow here, but me, ...but why? What is the advantage in your game?

So why run slower on purpose, if accuracy is acceptable at a higher node, would you not use it, to gain an edge in LR shooting, with respect to drift and trajectory? Trying to save on barrels?
Yep, it's not my deal to run slow and many loads will be in the 65,000 psi range.
I do not care that everyone likes to run slow here, but me, ...but why? What is the advantage in your game?
Seeing trace for adjustments and follow up shots under time works better if speeds are somewhat slower. Compare the marginal advantage of 100fps more vs. seeing exactly how your bullet is traveling. The latter is a better advantage.

Different goals equal different approaches.

You either already know the answer and just being old and stubborn, or you don’t actually read this forum and are only here to type out your weirdly worded posts.

Regardless whichever it is, I’m not going to waste the time typing out a genuine response. If you actually care, search and read the posts on the subject. It’s not a new subject.

Seems to me your making the EASIEST caliber to load for hard. 8 twist, Lapua Brass, Varget, 90 to 109 grain. If it doesn't shoot take up another hobby.
You are missing the point. I actually ENJOY reloading (maybe even more than shooting). You can take the easy route. I want to enjoy the drive to get there. I want to have actual data to do my own ladder test. Not just take a recipe that works.

Do you buy legos already put together for you as well?

Reactions: lash

What !? Did you forget which forum you're on Davey lol? This is snipershide where the loads start at 80kpsi and go up from there

Exactly. I have yet to find a die set labeled 6mm BR Norma. Yet people keep on saying the cases are diff when we all know it's just the throat.
Throats vary, I own my own Reamers.
I spec'd mine out for my needs. Twist rates vary according to your needs. The Die doesn't care if it's a 6BR Norma or 6BR Remington. Send 3 fired, unsized cases to Harrells and they'll get you a Die to match your chamber. Any 6 BR seater will work. I use an Arbor style and a Forster. Tons of verified load data from a lot of VERY accomplished shooters.

You are missing the point. I actually ENJOY reloading (maybe even more than shooting). You can take the easy route. I want to enjoy the drive to get there. I want to have actual data to do my own ladder test. Not just take a recipe that works.

Do you buy legos already put together for you as well?
I totally get where you’re coming from and understand now your choice. I have a shooting friend who loves the chase of a perfect load as much, I think even more than, anything that comes after. I say different strokes and all. 👍🏻

Reactions: tinker
You either already know the answer and just being old and stubborn, or you don’t actually read this forum and are only here to type out your weirdly worded posts.

Regardless whichever it is, I’m not going to waste the time typing out a genuine response. If you actually care, search and read the posts on the subject. It’s not a new subject.
Weird response... don't want to waste time typing out a response...but ya did.
A negative one...wouldn't it have been easier to just give the answer in a few words.
No, I won't read every post to search for the fleeting answer, that may lead to the wrong conclusion.
It's your secret.

Seeing trace for adjustments and follow up shots under time works better if speeds are somewhat slower. Compare the marginal advantage of 100fps more vs. seeing exactly how your bullet is traveling. The latter is a better advantage.

Different goals equal different approaches.
Thanks for the response. Just curious as to why, now I know.

Reactions: lash
This guy is not a shooter. He’s a reloader, or thinks he is. He needs his fucking book!! I wonder where he thinks that “starting load” in the book came from? Surely not someone else……

Reactions: 308pirate
This guy is not a shooter. He’s a reloader, or thinks he is. He needs his fucking book!! I wonder where he thinks that “starting load” in the book came from? Surely not someone else……
There is Nothing wrong with reading a book . If the OP upsets you why bother with a reply ?

Reactions: tinker
There is Nothing wrong with reading a book . If the OP upsets you why bother with a reply ?
Upset me? Quite the opposite. I found this to be a good laugh. Are you the kind of person that lets Internet forum posts upset you? If so, I’m sure we can find you some help……

Reactions: 308pirate