• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6BR Dies

To me, doing that you lose all of the reasons to get it. For me, this die decaps, sizes, and mandrels all in 1 pull. I long ago stopped decapping prior to tumbling. I dont see any affect on accuracy from my dirty pockets.

Im lazy so I want to find the most efficient and fewest steps to produce accurate loads. This set up I only run through my press 1 time.

Anyone know what the size of base of the lapua brass is after FL sizing with the Mighty Armory 6Br die?

Whidden full length resize die. With expander ball removed. Then the LE Wilson expander mandrel die. Then the whidden micrometer seating die.

Whidden full length resize die. With expander ball removed. Then the LE Wilson expander mandrel die. Then the whidden micrometer seating die.

This is pretty much the direction I ended up going.

I got a Whidden non bushing 6BR die (sent them 3 pieces of fired brass) and run it with no expander, then size the neck with a Wilson expander (double check neck tension with pin gauges).

Seating is with an SAC seater.

Last edited:
I use Redding Type S dies with Whidden Expanders (matched to bushing size). I use a Mighty Armory Decapping die.