• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6GT

Jmccracken1214

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 10, 2018
    Thomasville, NC
    I’ve been set in a dasher until I heard about the GT, it’s swayed me over. Was just wondering if that round would feed and cycle in a ar10 platform? I have two bolt guns and would like to build a gas rifle

Talk to the crew at GA Precision.
    Specifically George, Ken, Bryan.
    I haven't heard of a gasser being chamber with the GT yet.
    There is a facebook page for it as well.

R

@lowlight have you tested out the 6GT? Seems as though it could be a good option for the ones wanting to get away from a dasher with its feeding/magazine problems. Is it worth all the hype?
    Me personally I love my 6CM and 260, but I friends that want shut up about it.

I’ve been set in a dasher until I heard about the GT, it’s swayed me over. Was just wondering if that round would feed and cycle in a ar10 platform? I have two bolt guns and would like to build a gas rifle
    I don't have a 6GT but I made a bunch of 270ARs which is the same case design(6.5x47 trimmed .125) in .277 5-6 years ago. They will feed in an AR10 or SA bolt IF the OAL is close to the mag length...within .100-.125" .
    The rim of the case needs to be near the end of the feed lips before the bullet tip reaches the breech. If the rim is held down when the bullet tip nears the breech it may cause it to slam into the breech instead of entering the chamber. There are some mag tweeks that help feeding also. Front edge of feed lips can be cut/ground on an 30-45* angle instead of a 90. It lets the rear of the case move up slower for a smoother release so the cartridge doesn't bounce off the top of the action.

Any update on this in a semi auto? Havn't found a ton of info.

Ryan