• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm 105 rdf/ 110 smk/ 108 eldm report

Forward543

Dude
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Idaho
Now that these bullets have been out for a while. What is everyone seeing as far as performance?

I have tried the 110 smk and they shot a little better than the 107 but that was in an 8 twist. Im waiting for my 7.5 twist barrel to make the switch.

Thanks. Ive been using the 105 rdf. Im getting good results, but struggling past 750yds. At that dostance its tough for me to blame it entirely on one thing.

I had very good results over the last 500 rounds or so with the 140 RDF, and intend to try the 105s when I get my dasher completed. Tagged for more.

The new batch of 105 RDFs are shooting way better than the old batch. I don't have to jump them .050 anymore, only .010. Unfortunately, I haven't tested them at a distance yet.

The new batch of 105 RDFs are shooting way better than the old batch. I don't have to jump them .050 anymore, only .010. Unfortunately, I haven't tested them at a distance yet.

How are they grouping? Any random fliers?

Many people, including myself (I'm using 140's though), can't seem to get the RDF's to shoot consistently. I ordered 100 105 RDF's for an upcoming 6mm project, but I'm not getting my hopes up for these bullets. The BC is nice, but if they don't shoot consistently, what is the point?

How are they grouping? Any random fliers?

Many people, including myself (I'm using 140's though), can't seem to get the RDF's to shoot consistently. I ordered 100 105 RDF's for an upcoming 6mm project, but I'm not getting my hopes up for these bullets. The BC is nice, but if they don't shoot consistently, what is the point?

Once I found the seating depth, I was able to shoot a .460 and .190 MOA group at 100 yds the same day. Nothing unusual so far. I am hoping to go back out this week to shoot a few more groups and zero the rifle with that load.

I actually had good luck using a PTG reamer with the old 105 batch, which allowed me to seat them longer. I was not able to group with the old batch of bullets after I got my a new barrel for my 6XC. My gunsmith switched to a JGS reamer and they didn't like to be seated deeper. Unfortunately, I do not know the freebore of either one.

This new batch is about .025 longer from base of bullet to OGIVE. I initially tried jumping them at .050 (like the old bullets) and that did not work. Started over at .010 and had bullets touching right off the bat.

Tried the 110s in my dasher. 32.9 varget got them to 2955 in my 27.5" barrel with an ES of 3 for 5 shots and shooting a nice small bughole
I have the 135 freebore and they wouldn't shoot really Well until 70 thousandths off