• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm 110gn ATIP jump

acourvil

Chief
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2013
San Jose, CA
Those of you shooting the 110 6mm ATips, what jump from the lands are you using? My particular use would be in a 6 Creedmoor, but I'm interested in other 6mms as well.

30 jump for me. They don't seem to be to picky.

6bra I was jumping 40k. Started at 20 but didn’t start tightening up until around 35.

I’m at .030”, but only by default. I tried .020” all the way out to .060” - saw no difference so I just stuck with .030”.

loading a 6 CM and a 6 ARC

Reactions: abn31c
I would think your free bore would also make these numbers different for everyone. The free bore on my 6bra is .135. I think you need a little more free bore on these small 6mm’s with the Atips.

.070” here, freebore zero 2.270” cbto ( Hornady gauge) so I seat them at 2.2”, coal around 2.8 good for reliable mag feed for PRS.

Thanks for the info. I’m setting up a new 6 Creed and this is helpful for deciding freebore.