• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm-284 action?

LRTshooting-PJL08

Private
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2010
I have a 28" 6mm 1:8 twist Pac-Nor barrel in medium palma contour. Im wonder what action I should go with. I do have a rem700 RH LA and SA that I could use, but I am also considering a Stiller Predator-V action. Im also planning on dropping it in a mcmillan A-5.

Let me know what you think!

Re: 6mm-284 action?

You'd have to squish that round pretty hard to get it to fit into a short action.

You could build a .243 or such with the SA.

I am aware that I will have to go with a LA. I could get away with a SA if I was only doing a single shot. But not sure what I want exactly. Which is why I am looking for ideas.

Would a LA with detachable bottom metal look alright for only a 6mm-284? I don't think I want a gun that is bulky like a 300WM and only chambered in 6mm-284.

If you go with Seekins WSM DBM it will work fine with room to spare on a short action.

I checked out the seekins DBM. The WSM DBM has an OAL of 3.14" which should be more than enough. Would I be able to get away with a SA or do I still need a LA? I know the Predator-V action I looked at does have a little more room than the rem700 but not sure what to do.I just want to make sure it will be able to eject fine and that I'll be able to single feed rounds as well. Let me know and thanks for the advice so far!

I talked with Glen Seekins a few months ago and he said 6.5x284s run fine on short actions with his DBM.