• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6MM ARC Actions

Howa mini action and the Cz 527 in 6.5 Grendel or 7.62x39 can be easily converted with a barrel swap.

Rem 700 footprint short actions need a PPC bolt face and run pretty good with MDT BR magazines.

Rem 700 in 6.8 SPC are easy mod to make 6ARC, 6mmAR, 6.5 Grendel.
I used a 6.8 SPC Rem 700 as donor action and AICS mags for running 130 VLDs long in 6.5 Grendel.

As mentioned by Ledzep, Howa Mini, CZ 527 are only mini actions I'm aware of.

Reactions: Lightning8
From people at Savage and Howa that I've spoken to, Savage plans on a 6 ARC and Howa plans on releasing one as well. Ruger is utterly uninterested at the moment. That's too bad, as they likely would have the most affordable offering for use as a beater/truck/varmint gun.

A CZ can be "easily" converted if you're comfortable clocking a barrel and making extractor cuts. Having a smith retrofit a gun would likely be rather expensive compared to the cost of the gun itself, so from a cost standpoint, waiting may be in your best interest as the factory option would be much cheaper than buying a used 6.5G or 7.62x39 to do a caliber swap.

From people at Savage and Howa that I've spoken to, Savage plans on a 6 ARC and Howa plans on releasing one as well. Ruger is utterly uninterested at the moment. That's too bad, as they likely would have the most affordable offering for use as a beater/truck/varmint gun.

A CZ can be "easily" converted if you're comfortable clocking a barrel and making extractor cuts. Having a smith retrofit a gun would likely be rather expensive compared to the cost of the gun itself, so from a cost standpoint, waiting may be in your best interest as the factory option would be much cheaper than buying a used 6.5G or 7.62x39 to do a caliber swap.

There's no extractor cut on the 527 breech. It just has a shallow counterbore that's easy to copy with the take-off in hand. I've done a couple of them now in .223, 6 ARC, and .300 B/O. The only potential hangup is they're metric threads.

Ruger American ranch is offered in 7.62/39. Probably be a good starting point.