• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm ARC gauges

r.tenorio671

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2017
13° 28' 0" N / 144° 46' 59" E
Sheridan has just now offered up slotted gauges for the 6MM ARC cartridge. I find these gauges to be absolutely essential in my reloading. I use them for multiple calibers, 300BLK, 223/556, 308/762, 6.5CM, 45ACP and now 6ARC.

When I began using them, many of the issues I may have encountered during my loading were quickly diagnosed and fixed without having to go thru many frustrations and components. I found them especially useful in setting up my dies, determining if my trim length was good to go, bullet seating depths whenever I changed bullets (ogive differences) and if neck trimming was required after bullet seating. My greatest "Ah-ha" moments were when I was able to determined if shoulder bump, case web sizing or bullet ogive were amiss, something I could never readily determine before with other types of gauges, the Sheridan slotted tell you in a single glance.

When using "once fired brass", the gauges also enabled me to find those casings that probably had been fired thru SAW's or M60's and had rims that were slightly damaged but not readily visible that affected chambering.

I can't say enough good things about these Sheridan gauges, they have saved me immensely in time, components and funds.

....and before the flaming begins about "shilling", I don't receive any kind of compensation from Sheridan, I just receive excellent service and results from their products.