• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm ARC Scope Base

Nikon147

Private
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2020
When 6mm ARC first came out, I built an 18” gas gun off of a BA barrel and what I had in my parts bin.

Fell in love with the cartridge, and now finishing a nicer 20” build around a TBox barrel.

Original build is really only used for 2-300yds so I went with some standard scope rings with a Bushnell LRTS 18x. Plenty of travel for what it’s used for mostly.

I plan to take this new one into a more dedicated long range gun and have a Bushnell XRS2 to put on top.

I’m looking for some real world experience to help me with a scope base.

For my long range bolt guns I use 20moa bases, but 6mm ARC is super flat. I’d still like to be able to shoot 100-250yds on occasion (I have two ranges that I go to…a 250yd that’s close, and a 1000 yard+ that is a longer drive so less frequent).

Trying to take advantage of some Black Friday deals to get an ARC mount but wanted to validate my thinking on getting a 0moa/10moa/20moa base, based on what I’d like to do (more purpose built 800-1000 rifle that can still shoot 100-250 when I can’t get to the big range).

My thought is 20moa, but want to make sure I’m thinking correctly.

I would recommend 0 MOA for shots up to 700 yards, and 20 MOA of 1,000 to 1,250 yard shots. You pick where you are shooting on average. Like you said, 6mm is pretty flat for quite some distance. My recommendation would be 0 MOA, unless you had a good case for shooting further most often.

When 6mm ARC first came out, I built an 18” gas gun off of a BA barrel and what I had in my parts bin.

Fell in love with the cartridge, and now finishing a nicer 20” build around a TBox barrel.

Original build is really only used for 2-300yds so I went with some standard scope rings with a Bushnell LRTS 18x. Plenty of travel for what it’s used for mostly.

I plan to take this new one into a more dedicated long range gun and have a Bushnell XRS2 to put on top.

I’m looking for some real world experience to help me with a scope base.

For my long range bolt guns I use 20moa bases, but 6mm ARC is super flat. I’d still like to be able to shoot 100-250yds on occasion (I have two ranges that I go to…a 250yd that’s close, and a 1000 yard+ that is a longer drive so less frequent).

Trying to take advantage of some Black Friday deals to get an ARC mount but wanted to validate my thinking on getting a 0moa/10moa/20moa base, based on what I’d like to do (more purpose built 800-1000 rifle that can still shoot 100-250 when I can’t get to the big range).

My thought is 20moa, but want to make sure I’m thinking correctly.
I have a 20moa M-Brace on my 22" 6ARC. Works great, just ordered another 20moa for a 308 gasser.

For if your dialing 3 mil. You'd be the same offset from optical center weather you had a 0 moa or 20moa/6mil. I'd rather have some head room.

Reactions: Devildog6.5G