• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm barrel twist

Matt_3479

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2009
i have all the parts for my next build minus barrel and muzzle brake. Caliber decision is still kind of up in the air but pretty sure going 6x47lapua. Barrel will be a bartlein, medium palma, either 1:7.5 twist or 1:7 twist. 26-28" long (leaning towards 28).

Most likely main bullet will be 105 hybrids, but will definitely be testing the 115dtacs, and as long as velocity is high enough it may be the bullet of choice. Just want to make sure the 1:7 twist isn't too fast for a 105

You dont need a 7 twist. Id wager most are using 8's, with the dedicated dtac guys leaning faster. There are a few barrel makers actually splitting that with a 7.7 twist. of the two twists you posted, Id do a 7.5.

Main reason for asking is when checking Bergers stability chart/program, it shows the 1:7 twist is optimal for both but the 1:7.5 only marginally acceptable for the 115's.

My gunsmith also recommended the 1:7 twist. I had almost purchased the 7.5 until my gunsmiths recommended the 7 twist as that's what they use and have had the best luck with

Tubb has stated the dtac will stabilize out of a true 8t. They do out of my 8t rifle and shoot damn good at a decent speed. My next barrel will most likely be a 7.5 for the 110smk, since they are more available than the dtac.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Been using 7.75 twist on my personal rifle and that's what we've installed on several customers rifles and they hammer with everything up to and including the dtacs

have 1:8 and shoots 105 Hybrids, and 110 SMKs (6 dasher) like a lazer

Matt I answered you at Accurate Shooter's forum. 7.5 twist will be fine for what you need.

I agree a 7.5 twist will work BUT I would use what your gunsmith recommends. If you trust them, take their advice. If you don't, find another gunsmith.