• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm Creed Bushing size

Twelve208

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2009
SE Idaho
Just wanted to get some notes on bushing size the group is using for your 6CM.
Brass will be Horn 6 Creed and 105 Hybrids in a Whidden bushing die.
What I have found so far is .269/.268 is in the right neighborhood but no confirmation.
Wish I had a loaded round.. however wanted to get some thoughts before I get some dies/brass/bushings ordered,hopefully in a one and done order.
Thanks in advance!
OW

Load one. Shoot one. Check your overall neck size. That's what matters. Then choose how much neck tension you want. Subtract the tension u want and that's the bushing you need. All rifles have a bit of variation. Sounds like your headed in the right direction.

How does firing a round help in determining bushing size? Bushing size would be dependent on the loaded diameter of brass/bullet combo and subtracting desired tension.

I don't have any brass/bullets/dies yet.Im trying to get some "ballpark" bushings I can throw on the order so I can hopefully one stop shop the order.if I had brass and bullets I would do that.What bushing size are you running is more the question.I'm sure some are using horn 6 creed brass on here!

I am using that exact setup. 6mm Creedmoor head stamped Hornady brass, 105 Berger hybrid and a Whidden die with a .269 bushing. Loaded round measures .271.

How does firing a round help in determining bushing size? Bushing size would be dependent on the loaded diameter of brass/bullet combo and subtracting desired tension.

Agreed,My chamber is what it's going to be..would have nothing to do with neck tension(grip) on a loaded round according to my experiences.Others chime in and educate if not.

(MM5326 thanks for confirming a ballpark bushing size)