• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm creedmoor and 224 Valkyrie loads with shooter world powder

6.5creedmoor

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Has anyone on here tried any of the shooters world powder in 6mm creedmoor or even the 224 valkyrie. Wanting to try it but unsure which kind to get for these two rounds.

Johnny's reloading bench YT channel did some testing on Shooters World powders with 223. Video was informative enough for me to give it a try with 224V. I reviewed Shooters World loading data and ordered some Long Rifle and Precision powder to try out. Match powder didn't have data for heavier .224 bullets so I didn't bother with it. Also just got some of the new Win STAball 6.5 to try out in 224V. Will try and post some data when I get some results.

Apologies for late reply. I only have data on the 224V /StaBall 6.5 currently. I'm running a Bison Armory 18" suppressed so my velocities were pretty low even going all the way up to 28.5 gr under Berger 82gr (2590fps avg) and 27.8gr under Hornady 88gr (2530fps avg) . Had to set the 224V aside to prep for the CMP Western Games. Will try out the Shooters World after the match.

hoping to hear if you found anything out about SW precision in the 224v? I have like 1/4lb of varget that I just decided to try in the valk and its giving me great results... too bad theres no varget anywhere.