• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm creedmoor brass- Which do you use?

Jakeonthekob

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2018
California
for 6mm creedmoor brass, do you use Lapua, Peterson, Alpha, Starline? Also, what about large vs small rifle primers?

Thanks!

I'm using Lapua with the SRP. Ended up using a CCI 450 primer. I'm not sold on the SRP but that's what Lapua is making.

Starline SRP, I bought a TON when Brownells had them mispriced. Has worked as good as alpha or lapua for me.

Peterson for competition matches, Starline, ADG, and Gunwerks for load data, and practice. All LR.

Alpha SRP. Subsequent research from alpha makes me regret going to SRP but I’m staying with it until my next round of brass purchases. Love the alpha brass though.

Star line i was using lapua but must of got a bad batch as there was about 12 cases that split around the bottom after 4 reloads

Yes I’ve ran loads of rounds of lapua brass and always had great luck but my 6mm didn’t like it so I went to cheaper brass and it’s been getting 10 loads or more out of the starline

alpha LRP brass with 210m single digit es/sd with rl16 and 105 berger hybrid. Used Lapua for years in other calibers and they are pretty equal with alpha. Heard petersen is good but i dont have any experience with it.

Sweet so it looks like Lapua, Alpha, Peterson, and Starline are GTG.

Alpha SRP. Subsequent research from alpha makes me regret going to SRP but I’m staying with it until my next round of brass purchases. Love the alpha brass though.

Can you please provide a link or paraphrase what went on? Did they not find any evidence of SRP being able to withstand higher pressure than LRP? Why do you regret buying SRP brass?

I first started loading my Alphs Munitions SRP brass with CCI450 but couldn't get any really good results. Switched to BR4 and everything fell into place. Rl19 and H4831sc likes the BR4s.

Reactions: Smokenaces
I first started loading my Alphs Munitions SRP brass with CCI450 but couldn't get any really good results. Switched to BR4 and everything fell into place. Rl19 and H4831sc likes the BR4s.
H4831SC 5 shot group at 200 yards prone
15620988700733057946685008229030.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakeonthekob
Right I saw that experiment by Alpha. Seems like LRP is overall easier to deal with, no having to get an action with small diameter firing pin, etc.

Thanks for the input guys.