• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm creedmoor + H100V + 105gr Berger Hybrids

I just loaded some today but with BN coated 115 DTACs, I went with 42 & 42.5grs. I figured if I can load and shoot 41.9grs H4350, 42grs of 100V should be safe, yeah, the BN coated DTACs use the same load as my loads with 105HPBTs.

I'm waiting on some more brass or to shoot some of what I have loaded to try the 100v. I don't see me changing from h4350 since it gives me the exact performance I want but I have some 100v to mess with. Who knows maybe it will fix the primer pockets from getting so loose so quickly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I tried some today and have to say it worked very well. 3158fps at 2gns less powder than h4350 and an ES of 4 over a 5 shot group that was a single hole at 100. I didn't measure the group but just from the spotter it looked to be in the 2s or so. I had some loaded up 2 grains hotter and worked up to it yielding a 3380fps (yes 3380fps) avg that actually had a awesome group at 300 yards. No pressure signs and cases heads all measure almost identical to a new case so I'm happy with it. The 3158fps load thay is. 105gn Hybrids and Cci 250 primers, brass was new and just pulled from the box. No prep before shooting.

So what was your exact loads then? U need to post pics of those groups, I wanna see them.

I'll get some pics tomorrow. I'm heading back out to double check everything. I was in a hurry to get out there and back before it got dark so I didnt grab the targets. I'll shoot them again tomorrow though with the 41.8gn and which is what yielded 3158fps and a 4fps ES. I just got finished sitting down with a micrometer and measured all of the cases. I had already done a pre measurement and marked all the cases with the measurements and the 3380fps brass has 0.0002 expansion. I'll never run that load since it gets me nothing but a Dq and a faster trip for another barrel. That load was :edit: looking at brass which is labeled with all specs during the loading process it was 43.6gn not 43gn as mentioned before with a 2.7650 coal and a 0.017 jump. Temp was 71*. I'm just wondering how temperature sensitive this powder is going to be.

Last edited:
I'll get some pics tomorrow. I'm heading back out to double check everything. I was in a hurry to get out there and back before it got dark so I didnt grab the targets. I'll shoot them again tomorrow though with the 41.8gn and which is what yielded 3158fps and a 4fps ES. I just got finished sitting down with a micrometer and measured all of the cases. I had already done a pre measurement and marked all the cases with the measurements and the 3380fps brass has 0.0002 expansion. I'll never run that load since it gets me nothing but a Dq and a faster trip for another barrel. That load was 43gns even with a 2.7650 coal and a 0.017 jump. Temp was 71*. I'm just wondering how temperature sensitive this powder is going to be.

I would not worry about temp sensitivity until it gets into the 90s, most powders will will lose and gain some fps going from hot to cold and vice versa, Even H4350.

Oh yeah that's a given. I've dealt with some that are pretty bad. 80* and pressures are normal and 95* and it's showing some pretty high pressure signs. All of the loads shot under a 1/2moa group with no problems but the 3158fps with the 4fps was as good as I could shoot them and I was pretty careless while shooting them. With h4350 it did the best right around 3150fps +/- 10fps or so which is perfect since that's very close to a lot of the max velocity limits for matches.

450 yards group with H 100v. These were just left over from a ladder test and I decided to see what they would be do at 450. 500=wet and muddy shoes and I didn't have my boots so 450 is where it went. Load data is on the target..this was not the best load at 100 or 300 but still not bad imo..

ema3u8uv.jpg

450 yards group with H 100v. These were just left over from a ladder test and I decided to see what they would be do at 450. 500=wet and muddy shoes and I didn't have my boots so 450 is where it went. Load data is on the target..this was not the best load at 100 or 300 but still not bad imo..

ema3u8uv.jpg

Great Shooting!
That my friend, does not suck, I might have to go and buy more of that powder when my buddy and I go to Scheel's this thursday, if they have it in stock, then when I get my next build from Chad load her up with some 100V and let er eat. Can't wait to see how 42 & 42.5grs work with the DTACs in my current 6 Creed.

How are the Dtacs working? I've ran the math and I see no benefit "on paper" vs the 105gn Hybrids which I can actually get. Lol. I tried some 107gn smk today but they were seated exactly the same off the lands as the hybrids and from what a buddy told me they want to be closer to the lands which showed in the groups. Still though I've always had better luck with berger bullets in every caliber I've owned. A few friends shooting 243s with Dtacs were not checking total oal with the varience in ogive to tip and had some issues at a match that cost them at least 2 points per stage due to mag feed issues. Basically some were to long and would actually go into the mag but had issues feeding. They now measure all of them and or set them back a little more for the huge amount one variance between dtac to dtac. I've got plenty of room for the Dtacs though if they actually do better than these which would be hard pressed imo for my shooting abilities. 6.4mils to 1k yards is nice!

I was also corrected by a benchrest buddy of mine. I didn't do the exact moa calc so it's a little under that moa listing. Lol. Good enough for me is all I cared about since I shoot steel/prs style matches.

As far as the powder I'm personally sold on it. To be able to pull 3380fps out of a load and just then start to see pressure signs in a 6mm creedmoor is freaking awesome imo! Also it had the lowest ES out of any load I've ever loaded/tested at 4fps. 6-8 is common but nothing below 6fps until now. Readings taken from a magnetospeed v2...

As far as the powder I'm personally sold on it. To be able to pull 3380fps out of a load and just then start to see pressure signs in a 6mm creedmoor is freaking awesome imo! Also it had the lowest ES out of any load I've ever loaded/tested at 4fps. 6-8 is common but nothing below 6fps until now. Readings taken from a magnetospeed v2...

I may have missed it but whose barrel are you using and what length is it? Thanks.

Last edited:
How are the Dtacs working? I've ran the math and I see no benefit "on paper" vs the 105gn Hybrids which I can actually get. Lol. I tried some 107gn smk today but they were seated exactly the same off the lands as the hybrids and from what a buddy told me they want to be closer to the lands which showed in the groups. Still though I've always had better luck with berger bullets in every caliber I've owned. A few friends shooting 243s with Dtacs were not checking total oal with the varience in ogive to tip and had some issues at a match that cost them at least 2 points per stage due to mag feed issues. Basically some were to long and would actually go into the mag but had issues feeding. They now measure all of them and or set them back a little more for the huge amount one variance between dtac to dtac. I've got plenty of room for the Dtacs though if they actually do better than these which would be hard pressed imo for my shooting abilities. 6.4mils to 1k yards is nice!

Only shot 2 groups with the DTACs, 41.6 & 41.9grs H4350, was a somewhat windy day, 41.6 gave me a 1.285" group at 300. More testing when the range opens in May.

I guess it's dependent on your barrel but yeah I would think starting at 39gn would be pretty safe. 44gn (I think that was the last load I loaded during my ladder test) showed pressure signs in my setup and also pushed a 105gn Hybrid to 3380fps! That's screaming fast!

What would you consider to be the safe min and max for H100V in 6 creedmoor with a 105 Berger? 39-43gr?
I'm starting at 42grs with BN coated DTACs, ending at 42.5, I figure if I can shoot 41.9grs H4350 safely, 42grs Hybrid 100V should easily be safe, I'm going to pull the other loads I had loaded up with 41.7 & 41.8grs H4350 and load more with 100V, like right now and load an intermediate load of 42.2grs 100V, off to the batcave!

Sweet! I've got the dies, bullets, primers, powder, brass, and now data. Now all I need is a rifle lol. It should be done soon. I'll share my results.

Last edited:
I'm starting at 42grs with BN coated DTACs, ending at 42.5, I figure if I can shoot 41.9grs H4350 safely, 42grs Hybrid 100V should easily be safe, I'm going to pull the other loads I had loaded up with 41.7 & 41.8grs H4350 and load more with 100V, like right now and load an intermediate load of 42.2grs 100V, off to the batcave!

Are you running Bn coated and non-coated bullets thru the same barrel? Just curious, as I have 500 Bn coated DTAC bullets here and a 7.5 twist in my 6 Creedmoor. Might want to give them a run just for grins.

Are you running Bn coated and non-coated bullets thru the same barrel? Just curious, as I have 500 Bn coated DTAC bullets here and a 7.5 twist in my 6 Creedmoor. Might want to give them a run just for grins.

Indeed I am, if the BN coated DTACs happen to be more accurate than the 105 Hornadys my 6 Creed(at 600yds) will run DTACs exclusively.

Oh, I also loaded up some with 41.7grs Hybrid 100V with the DTACs as long as I had some empty & primed with Tulas on hand.

Oh, I also loaded up some with 41.7grs Hybrid 100V with the DTACs as long as I had some empty & primed with Tulas on hand.

What was the results with the DTAC's? On paper there is no benefit over the 105gn Hybrids but real world may show different. With the velocities I was getting with the 105gn I could easily push the 115g Dtacs to 3150fps I think but hell no one has them in stock.

I'm at 1170 rounds on my AO 6mm creedmoor and still driving nails with it. The velocity change I saw was due to old powder that had been left in my chargemaster for about a week for some reason. Velocity is still within 5 fps on average of where it was around 100 rounds.

What was the results with the DTAC's? On paper there is no benefit over the 105gn Hybrids but real world may show different. With the velocities I was getting with the 105gn I could easily push the 115g Dtacs to 3150fps I think but hell no one has them in stock.

I'm at 1170 rounds on my AO 6mm creedmoor and still driving nails with it. The velocity change I saw was due to old powder that had been left in my chargemaster for about a week for some reason. Velocity is still within 5 fps on average of where it was around 100 rounds.

I will let you know come May 3rd when our range opens up, we have snow up north here, sleeting as we speak, and I don't shoot in cold weather unless it happens to be cool when we have our 600BR Comps here. I figure the velocity should be over 3100 with that load.

I forgot about the snow. Hell it's 85* down here now and it won't be long before its 100* with 90% humidity. That's the time I will head back inside or have my rear in the Lake with the exception of a few matches.

Does anyone know where the h100v is in Stock? My local place used to always have it on the shelves but I haven't seen it in a while. I may have to go back to h4350 which they get in enough to keep me stocked up.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk