• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm Creedmore

skeetlee

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Central Illinois
Just curious if anyone here has necked down the creedmoor case yet? If so what do you think? Is the 6x47L still a better chambering? thanks lee

Re: 6mm Creedmore

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jerry M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why? It's pretty hard to beat .243 and the 6XC. </div></div>

I couldn't agree more. I have a 6XC build in the works with George right now. It'll be throated for 115 DTACs and use the same .308 AICS mags as my Crusader.

I would take a look at it but other than having a factory load option, it's only going to fuel the argument of "what's the better 6mm?"

I can see it now, 243, 6XC, 6x47, and now the 6CM.

"What's the best....?"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would take a look at it but other than having a factory load option, it's only going to fuel the argument of "what's the better 6mm?"

I can see it now, 243, 6XC, 6x47, and now the 6CM.

"What's the best....?" </div></div>

Hell, there already is a 6CM, this would have to be the 6CM2. Then you would need to add the 6SLR...ect, ect...

6MM SKL, You are on to something. Problem is dies. It is so close to 6XC that I just ran a 6.5 Creedmoor case into a 6XC die and now have a Hornady 6XC case.....LOL Redding has 6XC dies and it is a proven round. No, it's not as fast as a 243 but is accurate as hell with the Norma brass. 105 AMAX in 6XC would be great yote medicine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: US Handgunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Necking down a 6.5 CM looks like it would turn it into a 6mm LR Super. Check it out, it sounds like an awesome little round.

Mark </div></div>

Have looked into the round. The question/concern I have is brass. While Winchester is a "no turn" option Lapua would require additional brass work.

http://www.6mmar.com/Super_LR.html

How about a comparison picture...

I haven't shot the 6SLR.
The 6-250 is the pre-fireformed Long XC.
6XC - 6-250 - 6LONG XC - 6-6.5CM - 6SLR - 243

6MMS.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll stick with the 243. I haven't seen anything to make me go away from it. </div></div>

That and the 6BR. Lapua brass dictates these two rounds IMO.