• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm Creedmore

killed a black bear with a 6XC. ballistically the same thing

just know what your intended hunt is and be smart about bullet weight and shot placement

I am having a 6 CM put together, just bought a barrel and sending the action to the gunsmith. Plan on shooting 87 VMax out of it. that is what he is shooting and claims it is great on coyotes. Guessing not too fur friendly though.

I shot saplings with mine two years in a row. The deer 40 and 100 yards beyond them were unimpressed.
Been there for sure. First deer I ever had a shot at, at 17 years of age, beautiful deer, a wall hanger for sure. Don’t think the tree felt a thing.

• Haha
Reactions: Bucket
I bought a gap 6cm hunting rifle a few years ago and put a halo lr on it, picked up some hornaday match eldx used it in nd on yotes it just smoked them not bad on fur at all.

My dad and his wife use it for deer hunting. He liked the caliber enough that he had me rebarrel another rifle he had.

I am having a 6 CM put together, just bought a barrel and sending the action to the gunsmith. Plan on shooting 87 VMax out of it. that is what he is shooting and claims it is great on coyotes. Guessing not too fur friendly though.
Hey, @Coyotejunki, I will second "the 87 gr VMax is great on coyotes" statement. Man, they drop like a bag of cement. If you're not saving fur, you'll love it! I shot one at 77 yards and found a piece of his spine over 30 yards away from where he dropped. Shot another at 248 yards (lasered) and he looked like he got struck by lightning. Enjoy your new gun, brother!

Reactions: 260284
I shoot a couple of them, Have shot everything from cottontails to whitetails. Nothing I have shot with Hornady 103 ELD-X's has walked away.

I'm a bit of a 6mm nut. .243, .243AI, 6mmAI & 6-284 in the stable at some point. I've stacked more deer & antelope with 6mm than all of the other calibers I have. It's fast, it's flat, it offers little recoil & the proper bullet is more than adequate for the big Wyoming Mule Deer.

Actually, I took my antelope last year with my 6-284 & 112 Match Burner. I'd have no problem taking the 6CM out after deer or speed goats

t

For you guys shooting the 87 grain vmax what twist are you using? About to buy a barrel and that’s all I’ll be shooting, have options of 1:7.5 or 1:8

How did you know the deer was 17 years of age?
Well, it was thr 1960’s and a totally different time. Deer were required by the democrats in power in Washington to post thier age so it could be determined if they could be drafted. Back in those yonder years, those intrepid leaders in Washington (read democrats) saved money by having Whitetail bucks, sub for Reindeer to fly our troops back and forth to the current “war de jour” that the democrats like to get our nation involved in. However, they were so involved in launching the “new society” and all the funding it entailed (nice pun huh) that money to purchase and feed reindeer was in short supply so the governments had to press whitetails into the mix. (Who ate our gardens for free, leaving us at the mercy of the green new society to be drafted to fight the war de jour. (or starve))

So, like all good democratic deer, this deer had his state issued id on him and properly presented it to me so I could feel free to shoot him. (Whitetail deer over the age of 18 were exempt from being shot because they were being drafted into the US Army to fly sleighs full of troops and supplies overseas to the war de jour.). Whitetailed deer unlike so many proper democrats like Sen Stolen Valor Blumenthal, were brave deer folk and rather than run to Canada to hide from fighting in the war de jour, they would stay and do their duty. However, most preferred a nice long stay in the deep freeze over spending a long hot summer in Louisiana dodging deer flys and ticks or in the land of the war du jour, dodging bullets and leeches. So, they readily presented their ID’s to be shot.

Any Questions?

You asked

I have this bridge for sale if you are interested. Good price on the bridge. Immediately available for pickup.

For you guys shooting the 87 grain vmax what twist are you using? About to buy a barrel and that’s all I’ll be shooting, have options of 1:7.5 or 1:8
I use them in my AI factory .243 barrel which is 1:10 and it works great, but it won't stabilise anything heavier.

Reactions: Smith1