• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm Dasher best die's

Maxim0

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2018
Looking for opinions of best 6mm dasher dies. Well reasonably priced at least don't want to spend 600 on a custom. Just starting my rifle build so not sure on what bullets/brass I'll be using but from what I've been reading it seems lapua brass with berger bullet is the way to go. Also with a wildcat case like this do you need any additional tools like a neck turner? I've only reloaded 308 thus far, so don't have much experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: Maxim0
They harrels has several different models that each vary slightly by a thousanth or two between models and they choose the version that is a best fit for your fired brass samples that you send in, its super cool. That said its twice as expensive.
I don't mind paying for quality. Will definitely check those out. Thank you
** edited the downside to harrels is they want 3 pieces of brass that have been fired three times in your chamber. How do I get 3 firings prior to buying a die. Or do they have just neck sizing dies like other calibers

If you chose to go the Forster route be aware that unless you go with the neck size / shoulder bump die you will not have the choice of using bushings , you'll be relegated to having them hone out the neck portion of a F/L die in order to avoid over working the necks... I have a set of Forster BB neck dies and albiet they are very nice they are'nt a F/L die.

Talk to the boys at Harrells or as mentioned drop whidden a line they are very nice to deal with.

Once I’ve determined the brass and bullet to be used, I prefer the Forster FL die and Benchrest seater. Honed of course to prevent overworking. Never felt that it was inferior in any way.
Edited to correct the autocorrect mis-spelling.

Last edited:
Send your fired brass to harrels for a custom dies. Or buy your own reamer and have dies made to your chamber, and a fireform barrel to not waste your good barrel making brass.