• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 6mm Dasher reamer specs, What to order

tsonda

Private
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2014
Central Texas
I'm going to be ordering my own 6mm Dasher reamer. I'm going to chamber 4 different rifles with same chamber. I currently have three rifles in Dasher with three different reamers from different smiths. (.104 to .150 freebore, no idea on the rest of the reamer specs) Its a pain at the reloading bench. One of the chambers my Redding dies wont size the base down enough I have to run it through a small base die. I want to avoid that.

Mostly would say PRS style shooting

I'll be using Lapua brass, no turn necks.
.130ish freebore I was thinking.

What else will I need to tell JGS when I order a reamer. Thanks

If you have one for sale, I could be interested

That's all you will have to know to order a reamer is the neck diameter and freebore length. I'd say you are on the right track. .120 freebore is just about perfect for 105 Hybrids. I have had great results with .104 freebore also.

For prs go with the norma 6 dasher reamer and use the norma 6 dasher brass. No fireforming and no big deal if you loose a few during the match. Great reamer for sure!!