• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm Dasher

Quickload puts those loads at right around 70k PSI if you have a 30" barrel, closer to 75k PSI if you are using a 26" barrel.

I've shot 115's and 110's and pushed speed too, it's certainly possible and Lapua/Alpha brass is tough stuff and isn't necessarily going to blow up. It's still way over pressure, you'll lose primer pockets, it won't run well in dusty or rainy conditions, and the brass won't hold up.

I don't mind if someone wants to do that if they feel comfortable and are informed. Just don't want the average reader to scroll through this thread and think that's a safe and attainable speed with those bullets.

Quickload puts those loads at right around 70k PSI if you have a 30" barrel, closer to 75k PSI if you are using a 26" barrel.

I've shot 115's and 110's and pushed speed too, it's certainly possible and Lapua/Alpha brass is tough stuff and isn't necessarily going to blow up. It's still way over pressure, you'll lose primer pockets, it won't run well in dusty or rainy conditions, and the brass won't hold up.

I don't mind if someone wants to do that if they feel comfortable and are informed. Just don't want the average reader to scroll through this thread and think that's a safe and attainable speed with those bullets.
I have Quickoad ... So how would you know?
It's only a guesstimate.
The bullets coated?
You don't have the actual case capacity.
You don't have the powder used.
Plus Alpha brass will handle 70,000 psi.
And the 6 Dasher operates at 65,000 psi.
A lot of variables not even considered, in your erroneous statement.
Others have done so with different powders....it's up to the individual as to what accuracy, velocity combination is right for their 6 mm Dasher, to decide for themselves.
I rarely run less than 2950 to 3020 with Berger 108 target loads that shoot tiny groups.
I'm running a Bartlein 5 R 7.5 twist 28" M24 profile, chambered by me, with my own reamer.
So a new barrel can be ready to go in one day.
The 110 gr SMK at 3085 fps is an excellent LR load in my 6 Dasher, fast and accurate. So I'll continue to use it.

Last edited:
Primer seating depth, CCI 450 and Alpha OCD brass specifically.
Did anyone try seating depth tests? Flush, up to “feel it contact the pocket bottom” Light Crush, heavy crush? Where did you get best results? Thank you

Anyone willing to share their loaded neck diameter using non turned alpha brass? I searched and saw .269" in one post a while back but wanted to see what other people are getting.

Anyone willing to share their loaded neck diameter using non turned alpha brass? I searched and saw .269" in one post a while back but wanted to see what other people are getting.
Checked a bunch over different bullets, .2692" to .2696" was a good average with only one light varmint bullet going .268" and a few up to .2702" for unturned Alpha brass.

Reactions: Juicymeat
As my barrel is starting to fade away, I’ve started shooting lighter bullets out of it as an experiment of what I can get to work. Turns out that I wish I had a bunch more 80gr Berger flat bases. With 31.5gr of 8208 in a 26” barrel, they will shoot consistent 1’s and 2’s at 3300fps. Damn near no recoil and accurate to 750 without even trying. New Criterion barrel is gonna go on in the next couple of weeks and going to try and shoot 106ATips as much as possible. Gonna end up with about 2800 rounds out of this current one. 80% of those were 108btt’s at 2950.