• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm guys... What have y'all had luck with?

evilsvt

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2005
college station, TX
I for the life of me cannot find any berger 105 hybrids. Anyone have any luck with the 105 lapuas, 105 AMAX, or 105 hornady HPBTs?

Hornady 105 BTHPs work great for me.

I for the life of me cannot find any berger 105 hybrids. Anyone have any luck with the 105 lapuas, 105 AMAX, or 105 hornady HPBTs?

I've had good luck with the Berger hybrids, 105 lapua's and also the 115 DTACS. They all shoot well. The AMAX's didn't shoot well for me.

John

I to have had great luck with 105 amax as well as 115 dtac coated and non-coated with H4350 so much so that I quit looking for other options. Pretty much stick with the 105 amax for sheer availablity and they are pushing about 3050 FPS out of a custom beanland .243. Its my go to gun for shooting about any small critter.

I haven't found a 6mm in 105 to 107 gr that didn't shoot lights out. i just buy whatever i can find and subsitute, pretty simple.

I can't complain about the perfomance of the 107smk (6-284), not the most impressive kid on the block but it's still working well.

t

Bruno's Shooters Supply has the Bergers in stock.
Lester is raping folks these days. I'm a fan of capitalism, but I also respect the folks in the industry that respect the client base that built their businesses enough that they aren't choosing short term profiteering off the changes of the climate.

Lester is raping folks these days. I'm a fan of capitalism, but I also respect the folks in the industry that respect the client base that built their businesses enough that they aren't choosing short term profiteering off the changes of the climate.

So they're not cheap then are they?

I am gonna have a 6x47 Lapua built. I plan on shooting the hybrids.

Does Lapua have a 6mm projectile?

Not much love for the 105gr Hunting VLD...?

Perhaps a stupid question, but are the 6mm Hybrids really that much easier to tune than VLDs?

Not much love for the 105gr Hunting VLD...?

Perhaps a stupid question, but are the 6mm Hybrids really that much easier to tune than VLDs?

It's not so much the tuning as the results the Hybrids give at 1K.

Last edited:

What the hell are you talking about? Bruno's price is $31.57/box -that's .21 LESS than Powder Valley(who has been out of stock for 2months), who has been Berger's low-price leader. The Hybrid's have been priced, on average, at $32/box since their introduction.

Of course they're more than you pay for Amaxs and SMKs - they perform better in match use!

Last edited:
Anyone tried the 105 Barnes Match Burners?

I witnessed one hell of 5 shot 1k yard group with them out of a 6X47. Since watching that I have been determined to try them, but have yet to do so..... I do have 100 on the way though.

Last edited:
What the hell are you talking about? Bruno's price is $31.57/box -that's .21 LESS than Powder Valley(who has been out of stock for 2months), who has been Berger's low-price leader. The Hybrid's have been priced, on average, at $32/box since their introduction.

Of course they're more than you pay for Amaxs and SMKs - they perform better in match use!

And you've bought how many from Bruno's recently at that price?

I also shoot the hybrid in my 243 pushed by h4350 and it does great. Try to get a hold of Precision Tactical, LAC on here I bought 1k hybrids from him a while back when he did a group buy, he might be able to get some for you.

Walter

And you've bought how many from Bruno's recently at that price?

Just ordered 7 boxes, sport. I hadn't known he'd gotten them back in stock.

Think I've shot around 3,000 of them, not counting the 300 I received for advance testing.

Last edited:
KS44, I'll have to eat crow on the Bergers then. I do know Bruno's has hiked prices across the board on many other components lately ($59.95 for 1K Fed or Win standard primers, $189 for 8# H4350, etc) and that's left a bad taste in my mouth.
At least the bad taste of inserting my foot will change it a little...

KS44, I'll have to eat crow on the Bergers then. I do know Bruno's has hiked prices across the board on many other components lately ($59.95 for 1K Fed or Win standard primers, $189 for 8# H4350, etc) and that's left a bad taste in my mouth.
At least the bad taste of inserting my foot will change it a little...

I agree. I use Wolf small rifle magnums in a lot of my rifles. I was recently looking around for some, and Bruno's was the only place that had them. They were also more than double the price of normal retail...

"Sport"...heh heh, that's cute by the way.

And now back to the regularly scheduled topic, sorry for the sidetrack.