• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

6mm XC project

A 6XC is a great round. I know nothing about the new remington action. But all smiths work with 700s and they make a great action when trued up properly. You will want to use a 8 twist barrel or faster. I always ran 8 twist with great luck. 105 hybrids are the best bullet made in 6mm IMO. That with around 39.0- 39.8 grains of H4350 jumping the bullet .015 and it will shoot sub .25 moa or something is wrong with the rifle.

A 6XC is a great round. I know nothing about the new remington action. But all smiths work with 700s and they make a great action when trued up properly. You will want to use a 8 twist barrel or faster. I always ran 8 twist with great luck. 105 hybrids are the best bullet made in 6mm IMO. That with around 39.0- 39.8 grains of H4350 jumping the bullet .015 and it will shoot sub .25 moa or something is wrong with the rifle.

My 6 Creed shoots the Hybrids in the 6s at 100yds, shoots the 105 Hornadys less than .25moa at 300, best was .400", excuse the .376, just remeasured today. Yup, there's something wrong with my rifle.
dFbmZyY.jpg

700, the lugs lock up at the front of the action. On the 788 the lugs lock up at the rear of the action. It's a lot easier to get everything true on a 700 than a 788. That's any caliber. The 6mm XC is a good choice IMO.

added:

1-8" twist at least and throated for 115 VLD type bullets. You can seat anything else out to that throat but you might not be able to seat the 115's deep enough if you don't have a throat for it.

My 6 Creed shoots the Hybrids in the 6s at 100yds, shoots the 105 Hornadys less than .25moa at 300, best was .400", excuse the .376, just remeasured today. Yup, there's something wrong with my rifle.
dFbmZyY.jpg

This thread is about 6XC not the creedmore. Very nice group though. You definitly have a nice shooting rifle. Every single GAP rifle built that I have seen will shoot the 105 Hybids less than .25 moa with the 105 hybrids in the 6 creedmore though. Just sayin. Maybe your reamer is not set up properly for the 105 hybrids. Lots of variables

^^^^ What he said. I wore out out two Bartlein 7.5" 5r's chambered in 6XC. Both barrels drilled 105's and 115's.

Go with the 700.... better choice than a 788.

Also, try the 105 Berger Hybrids. Much better bullet than any 115gr availible right now.

This thread is about 6XC not the creedmore. Very nice group though. You definitly have a nice shooting rifle. Every single GAP rifle built that I have seen will shoot the 105 Hybids less than .25 moa with the 105 hybrids in the 6 creedmore though. Just sayin. Maybe your reamer is not set up properly for the 105 hybrids. Lots of variables

I have the same reamer specs as George does. FWIW, I've got some nice 4 out of 5 shots into less than an inch, but always a flier. I think my next build in 6 Creed will be a better set up for the Hybrids, ie: shorter throat, we shall see.
inaMjYz.jpg

fFSpvh4.jpg

SLNhLEY.jpg

yep, err to the side of caution on twist stabilization,never know where your travels may take you.

700 based action is the go to, hands down

Here's 2 groups with the 115DTACs with a 8 twist, sorry about the other 5 shots in that black circle, never thought the 105s would hit same poi, 115s went .5moa in that black marker, other group was 1.285" 8 twist will be just fine.
idxv7VC.jpg

gorski,

1.is your gun a 6xc?

2. twist rate and capability to stabilize a given bullet depend on your location/elevation. hence I say "you never know where your travels may take you"

Hmmm.... Are those 100 yard groups? 115s should do better than that:
erepuryb.jpg

Oh, yours is a Creedmoor, nevermind. LOL!

Last edited: