• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mmAR Turbo 1000 yd Video

VERY nice!!

What bullet, powder, barrel length, speed etc?

I have 2 of Whitleys std 6mmar uppers and both are amazing at 600. Looks like I need to try 1K.

Trilogymac

The load was a fireforming load of 105 Hybrids on 31 grains of CFE223 loaded to 2.27". It gives around 2830 fps in 80 degree temps from my 28" barrel.

The load was a fireforming load of 105 Hybrids on 31 grains of CFE223 loaded to 2.27". It gives around 2830 fps in 80 degree temps from my 28" barrel.

I'm not familiar with this cartridge. How much 4350 or RL17 do you think that case can hold under that 105?

BTW I shoot off the hood all the time. It's the only way to get high enough to hit long targets sometimes. I shoot the .338 at 1800 yards off the hood with excellent results.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen anyone try to shoot 1000 off the hood of a truck before.

Yeah.... just don't park sideways on an incline.... sometimes the bullet doesn't reach the intended target. Of course... I've only read about this. :rolleyes:

Nice vid Jon... wish that guy rattling the sheetmetal next to the camera would have found another place to do that, though.... I continue to be intrigued by this cartridge. Would you please cut that barrel back to 18" and let me know what kind of velocities you get. :D

John

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen anyone try to shoot 1000 off the hood of a truck before.
Yeah, I prefer prone but that time of year in that location the vegetation is just way too high. It does add to the difficulty as the wind will wiggle the entire vehicle as well as push the bullet around in flight.
I'm not familiar with this cartridge. How much 4350 or RL17 do you think that case can hold under that 105?
I'm not the best person to ask as I've just started messing with the cartridge. I haven't yet messed around with the fireformed cases much. With un-fireformed cases I found with H4895 28.5 grains would fit but I think any more than that and I was crunching quite a bit IIRC. With CFE223, it's so compact I think you can run almost full power loads with un-fireformed cases with room to spare.
wish that guy rattling the sheetmetal next to the camera would have found another place to do that, though....
Tell me about it! I always tell "Mr. Wind" to go play somewhere else but he never seems to listen.
I continue to be intrigued by this cartridge. Would you please cut that barrel back to 18" and let me know what kind of velocities you get. :D
Of course for the right fee, anything is possible. :D
Your vertical was very tight. Awesome shooting, and superb scope mounts, BTW.
Thanks, man!
Very impressive! What kind of came was that?
Your mean camera? It was a Sony HDR-XR150. Nothing too fancy, but that particular model has a 25X optical zoom. I then add a 2X Sony "doubler" zoom lens on the front so I have close to 50X optical magnification. You can see that was too much for the image stabilization to handle in that wind (original video was so shaky it will give you a headache). But YouTube's removal of the shakiness really helped--you can now see the target somewhat steady and the frame around it shakes instead.

Im really liking the idea of building one of these. Who did the barrel? Does anyone sell a reamer for it? Does it use regular AR 15 magazines? How many rounds does a 20 rounder hold?

I think this might make an awesome match rifle.

that is great shooting of an amazing round, I have a 6MM AR and it shoots like a dream also, I sometimes wished it was the turbo chamber.

A little research leads me to believe the 6mmAR Turbo is a proprietary cartridge, so no reamer options. Apparently though, PTG will do a .243 LBC, which seems to be very similar. Grendel case necked down to 6mm. Ive seen guys getting 2900 plus out of 95 grain pills, so that seems to be on par with low 2800's out of a 105