• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: 6MMCM

As in 6mm Creedmoor?
I've seen a few topic's about it on here somewhere.

Go to the Boltaction or gunsmith section and ask there.
Also you can do a search in the custom search box on the right side.

George at GAP has a lot of info on it, and has probably put together more 6mm Creedmoor guns than anyone else

Do a search for the 6XC, they are the same caliber. The reamer prints are identical, as is brass and cartridge performance.

I'm pretty sure he is talking about a 6mm Competition Match. Chad Dixon is the guy to talk to about it. I just finished up load development on mine last weekend.

You will want a 30 in pipe to get full potential out of the round. H-1000 is your powder, period. The data I got from Chad was to load either 107 SMK of 105 Amax with 47 gr H-1000 jammed into the lands to fireform. Once formed, do a ladder test from 48 to 49 grains with 107 SMK, 115 Berger or 115 Dtac. Once you find your charge, start at .040 off the lands and work in to find your seating depth. Stupid simple.

I, however, didn't follow the recommendations to start. I cream of wheat fireformed my brass. Then I did a ladder test with bullets jammed .005 in. What I found was that my shoulder wasn't pushed fully forward from the COW so I ended up having to fireform the rest of the cases jammed into the lands just like it said. I wish I didn't think I knew a better way.

My load is 48 gr H-1000 over BR-2 primers in Lapua brass with 115 Dtacs. I will eventually be switching to Win cases. The chamber dimensions are exactly the same diameter as virgin Lapua brass at the web. This causes a sticky bolt and is just starting to do it on mine. I will probably weed out the sticky ones and save the rest for LR matches and run Win for mid range matches.

Dave Bruno out east some where is where I got my dies. He usually has the dies in stock. Any standard .243 seating die will work for seating bullets.

Here is the link to my rifle.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3246232#Post3246232

Here are the chamber specs.
6mmCompetitionMatchDrawing.jpg

Brad, I have a 27 inch and a 30 inch 6CM. the 30 inch has some Lupua brass for it and Winchester brass also. The 27 inch only Win.brass. I've FF about 600 pcs. for these rifles using 107SMK, 105 Amax, 115 Dtac's, they all have done verygood all the way out to 1000 yards. You could use a .30-06 small base die to keep that Lupua brass from giving you problems.

doc, the 6CM - 6MM Competiton Match is confused by some with other cartridges that have been mentioned and then some others also. I can asure you it is different in ways and similar in others. 31 degree shoulder 0.264 lenght neck, H2O veries by case brand. If you choose to build this cartridge and shoot it like Joe Hendricks states in all his research, you will have great accuracy and barrel life like myself and others.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dgd6mm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Brad, I have a 27 inch and a 30 inch 6CM. the 30 inch has some Lupua brass for it and Winchester brass also. The 27 inch only Win.brass. I've FF about 600 pcs. for these rifles using 107SMK, 105 Amax, 115 Dtac's, they all have done verygood all the way out to 1000 yards. You could use a .30-06 small base die to keep that Lupua brass from giving you problems.

doc, the 6CM - 6MM Competiton Match is confused by some with other cartridges that have been mentioned and then some others also. I can asure you it is different in ways and similar in others. 31 degree shoulder 0.264 lenght neck, H2O veries by case brand. If you choose to build this cartridge and shoot it like Joe Hendricks states in all his research, you will have great accuracy and barrel life like myself and others. </div></div>

I just gave Joe's load of 50g H-1000 Win case and a Berger 105 Hybird a try.
This load is 3260ish out of a short action rifle with no pressure signs (28 inch barrel).

With a DA of 5900 feet this round will stay Super Sonic to 1,720 yards.

That is awesome. Ive got my first match with mine tomorrow. Today i had a wind reading clinic with the US f class coaches and a practice match at 600. I was still shooting my fireform load for todays practice and still shot a 195 with a couple intentional shots just to see what the wind would do outside of my bracket to shoot in. Im looking forward to tomorrow.

The 50g of H-1000 with a Berger 105 Hybrid set .040 off the lands is a hammer in my Chad Dixon rifle.
Today,this load shot under 1/2 MOA out to 800 yards.

Everything you all are experiencing is the norm for this round. I shoot the DTAC mostly, but have shot 105 amax, 105 Hornaday AMP, 107 SMK. All are good. My 27 inch has 3400 rounds down it and is still under 1/2 moa at longrange.

This round continues to impress.
Yesterday I opened a new lot of H-1000 and picked up 20fps
Today it took only 5.6mil to get to 1,000 yards.
19.1 MOA for you guys still using it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This round continues to impress.
Yesterday I opened a new lot of H-1000 and picked up 20fps
Today it took only 5.6mil to get to 1,000 yards.
19.1 MOA for you guys still using it. </div></div>

What load combo takes a 6mm pill to 1k in 5.6 mils?

I am taking a 115 dtac to 1000 at 4500' on a 42 degree with just over 20 moa. I am only running a 25" barrel and 2990 fps. I could push it a little more but there is no need.
6cm.jpg

Fireformed 6CM with .015 jump vs 243 with .015 jam. 115 Dtac.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWILLIAMS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am taking a 115 dtac to 1000 at 4500' on a 42 degree with just over 20 moa. I am only running a 25" barrel and 2990 fps. I could push it a little more but there is no need.
6cm.jpg

Fireformed 6CM with .015 jump vs 243 with .015 jam. 115 Dtac.</div></div>

LWilliams,

Thank you. That gives a really good perspective on this vs. a .243 Win.

20 moa sounds right to me. Mine took 7 1/8 moa to 600 last weekend from a 300 yard zero. I'm not sure what the elevation was. My normal range is at 900 ft and runs about the same drop. I wish I got to shoot at altitude like most of you guys. Flatlanders like me have to deal with the heavy air.

Brad, I run the naked 115 DTAC at 3153 fps. With a 100 yard zero, my come up to 1000 yards is 6.7 Mils and with NF BR 22.9 moa. This is really in flat area, I'm in Florida. I've ran the DTAC at 3225 fps but slowed it and shrunk the vertical by 2" at 1000 yards. This info is from my 27" Krieger.

Doc,
It's been good talking to you on the phone. I'm glad you are excited about building a 6MM Competition Match [6CM], not to be confused with a 6 Creedmoor. This cartridge will exceed your expectations.

Is the 6mm competition match the about the same as the 243 AI with the exception of having a 31 degree shoulder instead of a 40 degree one?

I run a straight 243 with 47.5 g of H1000 under 105's at about 3080 fps. Will my 243 get about the same barrel life because I'm running H1000 or does the 31 degree shoulder on the CM do something for barrel life?

Bb

Drake and I have been running the 6MM Competeition Match for 5 or 6 years now and we have had great results with the round.

It does what you want and need it to do and it is a great round!!

I started shooting my first 6CM barrel in March '07, still going strong with over 3500 rounds down it. I have 1 in with a 30" BR rig. Almost time to chamber another one.

Anybody looking for a turnkey rig? Or a barrel threaded for a Surgeon action? I have 450 rounds through mine and just cant get used to shooting off a rest. I think I'm better off going back to 308 and shoot F T/R.

Put it up for sale. Someone will buy it. I have 3 of them. 2 on Savage actions and 1 on a Hall action. This thing makes shooters take notice that 6MM's go to another level.

On Wednesday of this week I shot my 6MM Competition Match (6CM) at 600 yards. This barrel has 3538 rounds down it. Results: 115 Dtac, 5 shot group, measured 2.47". First 4 shots were 1.2" and then the wind blew when I broke the 5th shot. Oh well, it happens.

Good shootin. I shot mine in a LR match last weekend. It took 20.125 moa of elevation to 1000 at 1700ft. I was very impressed with that. 16-20 mph winds from 3:00 was 5.5-6 moa of wind.

I told a couple of guys I'm thinking of selling it and I got the usual BS that the barrel is half shot out since I have 500 rounds through it. Oh well. Time to put it in the classifieds.

Brad, borescopes tell the truth. At 1700+ rounds my buddies looked at it an they were amazed, amazed that one of them built one. I borescoped this barrel 20 rounds ago. It is worn, but far from woreout. When it opens to a 1 MOA barrel I'll use it for hunting and FF brass. It owes me nothing, I'll continue to shoot a 6MM Competition Match, known as the 6CM, not creedmoor. Joe's design was out first. To those that choose not to believe, to bad, so sad.

Dave Kiff called me yesterday with info on the reamer print with an elliptal throat. He also said he will grind the reamers to accommodate Lapua brass for the .003 bigger at the web.