• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing 6x45 Strikes Again

Fn260

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
May 2, 2017
View attachment 1138904 9 Point North Dakota whitetail dropped with one shot to the chest. It’s my fourth deer with this rifle. Built by Dave Sink in Clemmons NC. Remington 700 action, Shilen Barrel, B&C stock. 85 gr Partition with H335. Perfect rig for the farm I hunt. Accurate, light, and low noise/recoil.
A8708CED-7665-4D4B-A26A-36351B5D74B9.jpeg

I just built my first 6x45. Shoots lights out and I’m running a Sierra Gameking in 85gr.

Awonder: you got any coyote loads? Fur friendly I mean.

70gr sierra blitzking with XBR powder works well for me for coyotes.

That can’t be right, I heard only 300 PRC’s can drop ND whitetails? ?

6x45 is a cool little cartridge. Barrel life must be silly. Your kids grandkids are gonna be dropping deer with that thing. Good job!

Reactions: Fn260
Thx, Super. Yeah, one reason I had it built was for son or daughter to use but so far they show no interest. Maybe grandkids!!!

Brux: good question. My in-laws own the farm and it qualifies for one landowner gratis tag that I then have to purchase from my wife whose name is on the land. Otherwise, very hard to get drawn for a gun tag for that part of the state.

A couple neighbors who live nearby can’t get drawn to save their lives.

No kidding, I wished I could get a tag
I can get a archery tag but I don't bow hunt. It's a game rich state with some good animals,you would think they would issue a few more tags.