• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 6XC with H4831SC

anthonylapoint

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2011
central CT
Well, I have never used this to shoot in mine 6X but I was reading in rifle men's journal from 2009 or older and he tested his 6XC with H4350 and H4831. He concluded that the H4831SC was more accurate and superior than the H4350. I have never seen anything but some RL and 4350 shot in the 6xc. I actually shoot some varget and its very very accurate, which I have never seen either. So if I have shot weird shit, maybe someone else has.

So, who has shot a 6XC and got good results. Furthermore, who has used varget (other then me) and got good results. Please share.

I like pictures with my range reports please :) call me a Neanderthal. List action, barrel/length and just some specs on brass and shit too.

Thanks

I recently ran out of H4350 for my XC, and resorted to working up a load with H4831SC. I shoot the Sierra 107's out of a 30" barrel. Unfortunately, I found it not to be as consistent as the H4350. Average group sizes were higher, and the variance in group size was higher. With H4350, the average five shot group was right about 1/2MOA, with H4831SC, it was closer to 5/8" - but there were some groups just over an inch. That's not good enough for F class - I can't be shooting nines with a perfect hold. I'm not talking about a 10 shot ladder test, either. This is 200 rounds worth of systematic load development.

I wish that wasn't the case, but for my setup, H4350 is clearly superior. It's worth checking out the H4831SC, but I wouldn't expect miracles over H4350.