• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 7-35 ATACR Question

Eaglehorn

Airgunner
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2020
Tennessee
Quick question for those of you who've looked through the 7-35 ATACR. Is there any tunneling on the low end? If yes, from what mag is the tunneling present? (e.g., 7-7.5, 7-10, etc.). Asking because I've heard conflicting stuff about this. Thanks.

Go to post #29 in this thread:

This isn’t tunneling?
F8A74645-DDC2-4E49-8EEA-D798308892DE.jpeg

No, tunneling occurs when the sight picture’s diameter is significantly/noticalbly smaller at lower powers. Yours looks to be only slightly smaller at 7x...My Sb 5-25 PSR tunnels real bad at low power. It’s really a 7-25 practically speaking

What your pictures shows is typical darkening at higher mag, common in all scopes

Last edited:
No, tunneling occurs when the sight picture’s diameter is significantly/noticalbly smaller at lower powers. Yours looks to be only slightly smaller at 7x...My Sb 5-25 PSR tunnels real bad at low power. It’s really a 7-25 practically speaking

What your pictures shows is typical darkening at higher mag, common in all scopes
Tunneling is when you lower the magnification and the fov doesn't increase. The sight picture diameter getting smaller is a symptom of it.

No, look at the 7x pic and compare the size of the image circle to the 15x pic. That’s tunneling. It tunnels from 7-9x or thereabouts.

No, look at the 7x pic and compare the size of the image circle to the 15x pic. That’s tunneling. It tunnels from 7-9x or thereabouts.

It appears to be very mild, at least compared to my PSR. It’s been quite some time since I looked through one of those 7-35 ATACRs in person but I dont recall it being very noticeable at 7x at all, at least not as dramatic as seen in the photo. Do you have a 7-35? Wonder if the photo makes it look more pronounced that it is in real life?

Dumb question but who can even see the damn reticle at 5 or 7 power? Like lowlight has said many times on here does it really matter if a scope tunnels at low magnification. Maybe I’m just blind, I have two 7x35 atacrs and I’ve never noticed any tunneling