• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7.62-39 ammo Best price

SSG3K

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 31, 2003
    Mi
    Who has the best price on this ammo. Corrosive seems pretty cheap but would you use it?

Thanks

Rich

Re: 7.62-39 ammo Best price

Rich,
    My brother just picked up a case of this.
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?i...&groupid=39

Seems to be the cheapest I have found. Shipping to West side of Michigan was $25. It's on stripper clips, but for that price I can sit in front of the TV and strip rounds and put them back in the box. He ran about 100 through his AK and said it functioned well. I think Widner's is carrying it too. I am going to pick up a couple cases here in the next week or so.

Jim

I don't like to use the corrosive stuff because of the extra work to keep your barrel clean and it's not really any cheaper. I normally shoot Wolf without a problem.

Deano,
    I just spray the bolt and bore down before I leave the range and run a couple patches through it when I get home. Never had too much of an issue.

Jim

SGAMMO

Sam's a good guy and has really good pricing when he gets bulk/surplus deliveries. He is consistently better priced on 762x39, 9mm, 223, and at times 45 than most of the others.

otherwise - watch aimsurplus, ammoman, the-armory, ammunitiontogo, palmetto armory for bulk sales.

check cheaperthandirt.com and atlanticfirearms.com
    I have purchased cheap noncorrosive ammo from them in the past before I sold my AK. Good service from both companies.

This is where you go to look for the best ammo prices 7.62x39 or other. Ammo Prices
    The "Best deal" changes regularly when you add in shipping etc, and this will let you see who has the best deal at the time.

SGAmmo.com is the cheapest right now for 7.62x39. You have to browse around through the various sites allready listed and check shipping. Shipping cost are what kill you which is why I like ammoman.com because they give free shipping. They're costs are a little higher, but it is usually cheaper with they're free shipping.

I just ordered a case of 1120 rds for $179.99 Its Yugoslavian, corrosive, 124 gr FMJ. I wouldn't be as worried about corrosive ammo because AK's are designed to shoot them. As long as you clean your weapon within a few days it will be fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just ordered a case of 1120 rds for $179.99 Its Yugoslavian, corrosive, 124 gr FMJ. I wouldn't be as worried about corrosive ammo because AK's are designed to shoot them. As long as you clean your weapon within a few days it will be fine. </div></div>

Did you order that from SGAmmo? I've been paying $200-$235 over the last few years for a case of Yugo locally so $180 is a really good price. Don't see it on the SG site so where did you buy it?

I have been shooting a lot of that Yugo ammo. Shoots way better than that Wolf ammo. The best ammo I ever shot in my AK was some Chinese ammo. Cleaning is easy use plenty of water then dry and apply lube.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rpk762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been shooting a lot of that Yugo ammo. Shoots way better than that Wolf ammo. The best ammo I ever shot in my AK was some Chinese ammo. Cleaning is easy use plenty of water then dry and apply lube.</div></div>

I am not sure if it is needed but a buddy of mine that shoots a lot of corrosive ammo said to use a window cleaner such as Windex when cleaning after shotting corrosive ammo. He said the ammonia nutralizes the salts and prevents corrosion, then wipe dry and oil as usual YMMV.

Just ordered a crate of 1120 (2 sealed tins) of Yugo from Ammoman yesterday for 229 shipped. This morning I received the tracking number.

I coulndt find a better price anywhere including shipping.

Yes window cleaner with ammonia in it helps dissolve the salts in the primers. I have used it on my Garand back in the day and it is handy but now I just use more water. I can hear Gunny Highway say “That is not ecologically sound.” In my place I just use the hose in the back yard or in my basement shower. If you use the shower remember to clean up after yourself or your wife or GF will have to have a talk with you. Nothing works better than hot water in my book.

I ordered the Yugo ammo from the-armory.com. It was 1120 rd case on 10rd striper clips. They only had about 20 cases in stock at the time I purchased it, so they may be out. Search all the sites that were recommended at the beginning of this post, they were all good sites for ammo of all sorts.