• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7.62 NOVESKE BARRELS SUCK

Asm1

Night walker
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2008
RBC / Gadsden AL.
asm-holsters.com
<span style="color: #CC0000">EDITED
The load I have in the PIC is TO HOT the load that works no preasure so Far with or without the CAN use the same components with 42.6gr AR-COMP </span>

Suck up my bullets powder and primers and shoot MOA with hand thrown First Try Loads,WTF
grin.gif

18" 7.62

Shooting Bench
ma10150sstload006.jpg

Small Hole threw the wood Line extends to target 200 more yards for 555 where I Parked the Bench.
ma10150sstload007.jpg

18" NOVESKE 7.62

Hunting Load Back Tracking Field Data shows 2755 FPS 150 SST..
ma10150sstload005.jpg

ma10150sstload001.jpg

With AAC-7.62SD
ma10150sstload009.jpg

TESTING,1,2,3
Hit the shoulder other side exit this side,never moved DRT +1
coyotekillma10002.jpg

Re: 7.62 NOVESKE BARRELS SUCK

A buddy has a N6 that is an absolute hammer. My Noveske Recon 5.56 is a real straight shooting gun too.

That looks somewhat like a Mega build......

Lets have some spec details brother, cuz that sexy. I went DPMS pattern and mono with mine.

Thanks !

MEGA-10 UPPER/LOWER
NOVESKE 18" 7.62 BARREL
AAC 18T BLACK OUT
AAC-7.62SD CAN
Daniel Defence 12.7" Lite Rail
Amalite bolt/carrier Group
RRA 2 stage trigger
BCM GUNFIGHTER MOD4 charging handle
Tango 16 Grip
SCAR Panels foliage
Tango FDE forward Vertical Grip
LARUE Bipod
TROY BUIS Sights
American Defence scout No Cant Mount 30mm
NXS 2.5-10X32 FC-2 MOA ZERO STOP
Com 6 postion buffer Tube
Mgapul CTR stock
SLASH/HEAVY buffer
Uknown Buffer Spring
VICKERS Paded 2 point sling
Daniel Defence anti rotation sling Mount

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sgtbutt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That looks somewhat like a Mega build......

Lets have some spec details brother, cuz that sexy. I went DPMS pattern and mono with mine. </div></div>

Yes, very nice rig. What is it weighing in at?

I own 2 of John Noveske's finest and they are absolute hammers.

That Sir is slick as snot! And set up for NV, even sexier! My Mega has NV envy.....

Thank you..

LESS Can and Bipod Fully loaded mag 14LBS <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesBailey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, very nice rig. What is it weighing in at?

I own 2 of John Noveske's finest and they are absolute hammers. </div></div>

My Noveske 6.8 SBR's shoot the same.
It would be terribly hard for me to
buy any other AR platform. I've got an
itch for a switchblock equipped N6.
Congrats on yours.

My 21" Noveske works. It's not going to best the AI anytime soon, but it is acceptable. I still need to actually run a workup for it and see if I can fine tune a load to it's liking.

ASM1,

Nice Rifle, and even nicer groups.

14lbs is a lot of weight. What is the barrel profile like? Do you know the gas block diameter & the diameter of the barrel past the gas block?

I wonder if the 21" version has the same profile?

Regards,

I like Noveske products for sure. Some of the best AR products there are. But I came from an N6 to a GAP10 and the accuracy is not even close. The GAP10 will shoot tighter groups then I could ever get my N6 to do.

Thanks !

I didnt measure It,Buts its a heavy barrel profile weight of barrel is 55oz,The 21" Looks to be the same Profile 64oz weight. useing my 7.62SD it shifts 1.5MOA 6-OCLOCK lOW,If it takes that Much barrel to do that I can Handle The weight..2 things I would Like it to have,Rifle Gas systeme and 308 chaimber,I think It would work much better for Hot Loads with and without the Can,However it was built around the M118LR AMMO which I do not use . <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tx_Flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ASM1,

Nice Rifle, and even nicer groups.

14lbs is a lot of weight. What is the barrel profile like? Do you know the gas block diameter & the diameter of the barrel past the gas block?

I wonder if the 21" version has the same profile?

Regards, </div></div>

I look at NOVESKE as more Of a BATTLE rifle with Optic,I was looking for MOA at worst and it has done so with 4 Loads and two Factory AMMO Brands at Distance,Dam thing Is not Picky at all...Now If I had a GEN2 GAP-10 I would expect Fat Little Holes at every distance,No preasure with My CAN and a George Garner 6 month Bearded ACTION figure with KUNG FOO GRIP!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like Noveske products for sure. Some of the best AR products there are. But I came from an N6 to a GAP10 and the accuracy is not even close. The GAP10 will shoot tighter groups then I could ever get my N6 to do. </div></div>

My 18 inch Noveske 7.62 has a ZERO point of impact shift when I add my Gemtech HVT QD. I think it's a combination of the heavy barrel, threading, shoulders, and mount. I could hardly believe it when I started shooting it. It is very nice having the same data with or without the can.

I almost traded my N6 up for an OBR but quickly realized the odds of me finding a zero POI shift with such a heavy can are pretty slim.

Here it is next to one of our M110s:
IMAG0034.jpg

It has a 308 chamber they just label them 762 because it's cooler that way. DPMS does the same thing. (considering your velocity you are probably past the 762 threshold of pressure anyways)..

The only 762x51 rifle that I know of which will NOT handle 308 pressures is some kind of oddball enfield rifle...

Just do what every other handloader does; work your way up (carefully) until you start seeing pressure signs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It has a 308 chamber they just label them 762 because it's cooler that way.</div></div>

The info I got from Noveske is that the chamber is optimized for M118LR (i.e. 7.62 NATO).

Not trying to stir the pot, but you guys were arguing over it:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">M118LR (i.e. 7.62 NATO).</div></div>
M118-LR & M852 are not 7.62 NATO
M118-LR exceeds 7.62 NATO pressure spec and conforms to the 308 Winchester dimensions.
(FYI, the pressures are also above MAX loadings for 308 Winchester.)
The head stamp also does not contain the NATO symbol.
DSCN8011+-+Copy.JPG

NATODesignMark.jpg

NATO Design Mark

Here are a few articles that discuss this:
http://www.thegunzone.com/30cal.html
http://www.303british.com/id36.html

It is indeed called 7.62 M118-LR, but you will notice the NATO conspicuously missing from the designation.
Pic.jpg

But hold on sports fans, here is where it gets really weird.
M118 (Special Ball) is in fact 7.62 NATO
m118001.jpg

I was almost certain the last time I fired M118LR it had the NATO cross on the headstamp. I could have been wrong though. I rarely shoot it since Uncle Sam doesn't take care of my ammo bill anymore.

Does Special Ball have crimped primers ?
Does M118LR have Non Crimped Primers ?
Does NATO spec use crimped Primers to be aproved for NATO standards and NATO stamp for aproved use in MG as 5.56 and 7.62 NATO ?

I know the answer to 2 of the 3 questions...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not trying to stir the pot, but you guys were arguing over it:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">M118LR (i.e. 7.62 NATO).</div></div>
M118-LR & M852 are not 7.62 NATO
M118-LR exceeds 7.62 NATO pressure spec and conforms to the 308 Winchester dimensions.
(FYI, the pressures are also above MAX loadings for 308 Winchester.)
The head stamp also does not contain the NATO symbol.
DSCN8011+-+Copy.JPG

NATODesignMark.jpg

NATO Design Mark

Here are a few articles that discuss this:
http://www.thegunzone.com/30cal.html
http://www.303british.com/id36.html

It is indeed called 7.62 M118-LR, but you will notice the NATO conspicuously missing from the designation.
Pic.jpg

But hold on sports fans, here is where it gets really weird.
M118 (Special Ball) is in fact 7.62 NATO
m118001.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does Special Ball have crimped primers ?
Does NATO spec use crimped Primers to be aproved for NATO standards and NATO stamp for aproved use in MG as 5.56 and 7.62 NATO ?

I know the answer to 2 of the 3 questions...</div></div>
Then why are you asking those two questions?

Being lazy,I would need to Dig Deap into the Vault,Find stored AMMO To get the two answers,which I already Know,But Memory loss Hold's the answer's Hostage...Fair enough ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakhamr81</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does Special Ball have crimped primers ?

I know the answer to 2 of the 3 questions...</div></div>
Then why are you asking those two questions? </div></div>

TODAY..555 YARDS MOA higher than it should be..Also Blew a Primer and Heavy swipes on the brass,I am Pulling the rest to see If I goofed the charge..
ma10150sstload001.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does Special Ball have crimped primers ?

I know the answer to 2 of the 3 questions...
Dr. Phil said:
</div></div>No, M118-LR Does not have crimped primers.
Yes, crimped Primers are part of the NATO spec.
Yes, Special Ball Does have crimped primers.
specialball_002.JPG

Here is some more reading if you are interested:
http://riflemansjournal.blogspot.com/2010/04/history-lake-city-m118-special-ball.html

ASM;

The paint looks very functional. What did you use, and go about painting it?

Nice rig and pics, btw.

Thanks !

Krylon CAMO Paint,Foliage and OD Green,Tan,Brown/earth. I used some Camo neting to over lay some colors,I paint it as the season changes By adding more paint untill it blends..

and<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TallShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ASM;

The paint looks very functional. What did you use, and go about painting it?

Nice rig and pics, btw. </div></div>

You where correct in the statement,My load was to HOT,I droped it to 42.6 and the velcoity is 2715FPS,Works flawless with and without the Can so Far,No swips or blown primers .
It shot Less than MOA at distance with the new load,Still just 1.5MOA can shift...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It has a 308 chamber they just label them 762 because it's cooler that way. DPMS does the same thing. <span style="color: #FF0000">(considering your velocity you are probably past the 762 threshold of pressure anyways).. </span>The only 762x51 rifle that I know of which will NOT handle 308 pressures is some kind of oddball enfield rifle...

Just do what every other handloader does; work your way up (carefully) until you start seeing pressure signs.

</div></div>

Thank you,I couldnt remember about the crimps,But Your post refresh my memory...

"My Theory" No crimp drops the NATO stamp because these rounds where never intended to be for MG use,There built to fill the Need of what the MiL. feels is specialized Rounds for precision weapons.. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does Special Ball have crimped primers ?

Dr. Phil said:
specialball_002.JPG

http://riflemansjournal.blogspot.com/2010/04/history-lake-city-m118-special-ball.html </div></div>

I picked up a Noveske N6 with the 21in barrel a few months back, but have only got it out to the range once to sight it in and shoot a little. Dang thing is a laser. I've been debating to get adco to cut it back to 18in or not. Just can't make my mind up. Nice rifle btw
DSC_3346.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JonLSU</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DSC_3346.jpg

</div></div>
What sling is that?

hmmmm, that rifle looks familiar...

love the 300, ended up running 208AMAX, with 74 grains of h1000, silly accurate, small propane tanks at 700, punkins at 1000, good stuff, im about to put new base on it and get a DBM for it and call it a day

im right on the edge of getting back into the 308 AR world, trying to decide on doing another mega build or just grab an MWS.

decisions, decisions,

I just got a 18" N6 with switchblock. I am getting about 1.25 moa on the average with a Nightforce 10X glass. Some groups are smaller at about 3/4 some are larger.
This is with FGMM 168 and my SMK 175's with 45 g Varget.

I need to practice more with this auto but generally I am a decent shot off the bench.
Its brand new and I only have about 200 rds through it. So this is not a determination or final estimation of its performance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you,I couldnt remember about the crimps,But Your post refresh my memory...

"My Theory" No crimp drops the NATO stamp because these rounds where never intended to be for MG use,There built to fill the Need of what the MiL. feels is specialized Rounds for precision weapons.. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does Special Ball have crimped primers ?

Dr. Phil said:
specialball_002.JPG

http://riflemansjournal.blogspot.com/2010/04/history-lake-city-m118-special-ball.html </div></div> </div></div> i have some Mexican match ammo reloaded in the powder horn ,ga with powder was replaced as well ...open boxes of L.C and L.C. stickers rewrapped .. nothing was ''stock'' of the ammo ..it was given to the AMU and where ? anybody hear of this ? thxs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quest84</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JonLSU</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DSC_3346.jpg

</div></div>
What sling is that? </div></div>

It's a tab. Link