• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7.62x51 149g M80 FMJ

Sieg

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2018
Anyone bought and shot any of this?
20200811_140639.jpg

618865641.jpg

Local longtime department store just received limited stock. At $300 a box I couldn't say no.

Ammoinc.com doesn't show this on their website....?

I was going to ask basically the same thing. I just bought Ammo.Inc 175 gr BTHP with LC brass too. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to shoot it. And it looks like next week before I can test it. I will post results when I do. BTW, it was packed 125 rounds for $100.00. Hope some else can share experience with either load.

I was going to ask basically the same thing. I just bought Ammo.Inc 175 gr BTHP with LC brass too. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to shoot it. And it looks like next week before I can test it. I will post results when I do. BTW, it was packed 125 rounds for $100.00. Hope some else can share experience with either load.

If its Federal/Lake City you can count on it being quality, at least thats my experience. I have several thousand rounds of the 168 grain match and quite a bit of the 175 which my 5R 308 loves. stabilizes well and very accurate. The 149 is more for belt feds I believe but am open to correction.

1597358477198.png

My brother shot some today from a 14.5" suppressed AR-10 from 50-265yds. He said it shoots well and doesn't appear 'too' hot. Under an inch on 50yd re-zero target, easy hits on 3" round steel at 200yds, and 10" round at 265yds. Good enough for the application.

I'll be using in a suppressed 16" Ruger SR-762 with 3-9x40 Leupold VX-R Patrol. Hope to test at the range early next week.

IIRC, that's literally just M80 FMJ ammo made on the same lines as the stuff they make for the military, they just keep churning it out after they fulfill the military quota for that cycle. Not "government surplus" or overrun, just... extra production sold commercially.

Or so I recall reading in the past. It oughta do you just fine, have no fears.

Reactions: Sieg and Maggot
IIRC, that's literally just M80 FMJ ammo made on the same lines as the stuff they make for the military, they just keep churning it out after they fulfill the military quota for that cycle. Not "government surplus" or overrun, just... extra production sold commercially.

Or so I recall reading in the past. It oughta do you just fine, have no fears.
If it's intended for Military full auto fire the quality control should be decent. 😁

What’s with the variable grain weight of M80? 147, 149, etc.

If your requirements are "Goes bang every time. Hits 'generous' targets," M80 should do you well. It is not, however, "match ammunition."

Whatever you do, please read the Prop 65 warning and do NOT, I repeat, do NOT eat these rounds and please wash your hands after handling them.

But, good SHTF rounds. Not going to 800 yards with those, at least accurately.

I finally got out to local range to shoot the Ammo Inc. M118LR 175gr HPBT. You can see the first 3 sight in rounds at 100 yards. When I got it close, I fired 2 more rounds. It looks like 2 round holes but I swear there are 3 rounds in the group closest to center. Box is 125 rounds priced at $100 plus tax. Advertised MV is 2580 if you can't see in included pics. I would have shot much more except the horseflies were thick and in a feeding frenzy.
IMG_1076.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG
IMG_1076.JPG

I finally got out to local range to shoot the Ammo Inc. M118LR 175gr HPBT. You can see the first 3 sight in rounds at 100 yards. When I got it close, I fired 2 more rounds. It looks like 2 round holes but I swear there are 3 rounds in the group closest to center. Box is 125 rounds priced at $100 plus tax. Advertised MV is 2580 if you can't see in included pics. I would have shot much more except the horseflies were thick and in a feeding frenzy.View attachment 7400947

View attachment 7400946View attachment 7400947

You do understand there is a massive difference between m80 ball and m118lr right lol?

Sure do. OP was definately about standard issue. He had stated that his particular load was not listed on Ammo Inc's website. I responded by telling his I had picked up a totally different load that was not advertised on their website either. I was just piggybacking onto his thread to see if anyone else had found this particular load in their LGS's and what was their experiences. I have some IMI military M80 that shoots lights out in my bolt gun.