• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7 Bikers Associated With Marine Jarheads Club Killed In Crash With Pickup

Driver has a previous history, a conviction, and "may" be charged with possession in his home state based on what was found in his home during the arrest and search, possibly heroin, source Boston Globe.

Some interesting reading out there, but we will have to just wait and see.
I just saw that... thanks for posting!

If he is a heroin user... or was on anything... I hope they fry him.

Sirhr

A little prospective from a non rider.
I totally suck with motorcycles they end up on top of me.

Sometimes they surprise me in the mirror.

Get the loudest pipes you can stand even as old as I am they alert me to take a second look.

I like the sound of a hog best.
I get why they run loud I would.

I ran ThunderHeader's on my Road King. 'Trumpets' with the baffles removed on my Gold Wing. For the simple reason of:

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

And I saw that actually happen to ME, and others I was with, many many times. But this particular situation though........ incomprehensible. I'm checking in often to find out 'the facts' of the situation, as opposed to whatever "blathering drivel" might be in the media. Thanks for keeping us informed, guys.

Well not exactly an up date but it made national news tonight.
Very sad loss.

Posibly the truck driver a certifiable scumbag, heroin?
Could not judge on news hype but sounds bad for him.

Yeah I think there is.

The 1% clubs can be tough on other independent "Patch Holders".

I think its kind of ghey but the big name 1%ers kind of "threaten" the other clubs with paying tribute or supporting.

Had some friends out western MA that wanted to wear their own colors for a local riding group of friends and they were told by Berkshire HA that unless they supported HA they would get messed with.

I dont understand the whole biker colors thing in that riding is supposed to be about freedom/personal expression and "clubs" want to get all territorial about a patch.

Id hope groups like Leathernecks MC etc would tell them to eat a dick, tell them to their faces not to wear an EGA.

I remember when Vietnam Veterans MC was riding a lot around here (HA affiliated) I had a hard time recognizing any patched member old enough to have been to VN.

Get over yourselves and ride.

My first and second vehicles were motorcycles. I have over 150,000 miles in the saddle. Been down a couple of times, hit a dog, down, hit a cow with passenger , stayed up, been hit by cars, hit by a fist size rock from a lawn mower some 150 yards away and hit in the eye by a Junebug at 50mph after crossing Mackinac bridge in the fog at midnight. More close alls than I could ever remember. Never so much as an ambulance ride. Sheer unadulterated luck.......

Don’t get me started on 1%ers.........

A little prospective from a non rider.
I totally suck with motorcycles they end up on top of me.

Sometimes they surprise me in the mirror.

Get the loudest pipes you can stand even as old as I am they alert me to take a second look.

I like the sound of a hog best.
I get why they run loud I would.

Yep, loud pipes save lives. If you don’t like assholes waking you up at 3 AM, I get it but don’t give me any dopler-shift crap......

Those states are harder on gun ownership than maintaining the safety of others on the highway. This kid slaughtered people with the governments as an acompliance and associate. Sort of ironic that the same governments are charging the kid and leaving themselves out. Happens time and time again. We die by the thousands so the less deserving get the privlege. Fuck me.

My first and second vehicles were motorcycles. I have over 150,000 miles in the saddle. Been down a couple of times, hit a dog, down, hit a cow with passenger , stayed up, been hit by cars, hit by a fist size rock from a lawn mower some 150 yards away and hit in the eye by a Junebug at 50mph after crossing Mackinac bridge in the fog at midnight. More close alls than I could ever remember. Never so much as an ambulance ride. Sheer unadulterated luck.......

Don’t get me started on 1%ers.........

The cow had a passenger?

Pictures.

Yep, loud pipes save lives. If you don’t like assholes waking you up at 3 AM, I get it but don’t give me any dopler-shift crap......

Its like pit bulls and firearms........not the inanimate, non thinking object, its the owner.

Be an ass with unrestricted pipes you create your own enemies.

I run a two into one Thunderheader.

I can run it from throaty rumble reminiscent of an aircraft radial at cruise to an obnoxious back firing beast when I want to be a dick.

My throttle, my hand my presentation.

Its like Jake brakes.

So it just had a post? Eeewwww. ?

Yes the post in question.....

Charge him with one murder but the other 6 should have been able to avoid it had they given enough space.

I've ridden many miles in 'formation' or 'pack' (term dependent on your locale) and there are definite reasons for doing so. Some people don't "get it", and that's fine. Some people are democrats.

But for some to make comments such as they have/did is simply arrogant and ignorant and trolling. We all have enough responsibility and chaos in our lives, that we don't need cartoon characters coming here and attempting to create more.

I'll say this on a keyboard, and I'll say this to anyone's face. It's simply logical, factual, and realistic. Have A Nice Day.

the trailer jackknifed???
or, he jackknifed the trailer???

Correct. He jack-knifed the fucking trailer. The report I saw, said he drifted into oncoming traffic, over-corrected and the trailer jackknifed as a result.

How this is the biker’s fault, is just plain fucking moronic....... “enough space” my ass. I expect to see that sort of dipshit response on FB but not here on SH. But hey at least you got my grammar corrected.?

Hope I properly clarified.

Correct. He jack-knifed the fucking trailer. The report I saw, said he drifted into oncoming traffic, over-corrected and the trailer jackknifed as a result.

How this is the biker’s fault, is just plain fucking moronic....... “enough space” my ass. I expect to see that sort of dipshit response on FB but not here on SH. But hey at least you got my grammar corrected.?

Hope I properly clarified.
NH driving manual suggests there should have been 528’ between the first of 7 vehicles and the last at 60mph. A Honda gold wing can go from 60-0 in 141 ft. Give er take.

That’s the space I’m referring too.
To each his own though.

NH driving manual suggests there should have been 528’ between the first of 7 vehicles and the last at 60mph. A Honda gold wing can go from 60-0 in 141 ft. Give er take.

That’s the space I’m referring too.
To each his own though.

Your dumbass left out the reaction time!

Further more the trailer didn't just stop at point of impact.

Unfortunately the illegal, strung out, truck driver won't get what he deserves!

Rest in peace Marines and Loved Ones?

I rode in close packs for years. I choose not to do it any more. It can be risky.

But to blame the riders for what looks like an accident caused by a crackhead, heroin-addicted millenial scumbag who probably should not be hauling trailers... is not cool.

This was not the fault of five Marines and two spouses. And three more in hospital, from what I can discern.

The deaths were caused by a 23-yo druggie who lost control of a rig he should never have been driving. Note in my earlier comments, I wanted to chalk this to Murphy and a day of bad juju. But as it progresses... it looks like we have a druggie, working for a company with past violations... killing Americans.

I can say that maybe helmets could have helped... or not. Or that further spacing of riders could have helped... or not.

But the responsibility seems to lie with a heroin addict... who should have been in jail, not driving a truck. Not with a bunch of Marine retirees out to enjoy some two-wheeled freedom on American roads.

Sirhr

I rode in close packs for years. I choose not to do it any more. It can be risky.

But to blame the riders for what looks like an accident caused by a crackhead, heroin-addicted millenial scumbag who probably should not be hauling trailers... is not cool.

This was not the fault of five Marines and two spouses. And three more in hospital, from what I can discern.

The deaths were caused by a 23-yo druggie who lost control of a rig he should never have been driving. Note in my earlier comments, I wanted to chalk this to Murphy and a day of bad juju. But as it progresses... it looks like we have a druggie, working for a company with past violations... killing Americans.

I can say that maybe helmets could have helped... or not. Or that further spacing of riders could have helped... or not.

But the responsibility seems to lie with a heroin addict... who should have been in jail, not driving a truck. Not with a bunch of Marine retirees out to enjoy some two-wheeled freedom on American roads.

Sirhr

Analogy - If only the victim had not got in front of the bullet........

I fear rides with people I dont know reasonably well or are not friends with people I do know well.

Big charity rides are a disaster with ass hats thinking the more numbers the more license they have to act stupid, almost a mob mentality takes over.

Nothing is better than 4 bikes in a Fire Team Column formation with everyone running about same RPMs.

If you are all on Harleys you are 22% of an F4U Corsair engine and the sound is incredible as well the alternating pattern allows room to maneuver/better vision.

Nothing the bikes were doing brought that truck over the center line.

I don't ride but I do enjoy seeing a mc riding in formation. I normally yield the lane to them at my first chance.

I don't look like much sport and don't generally catch flack at a bar or similar place from any mc members.

I do however not like crotch rocket road clowns cutting me off. Been known to give them no such courtesies.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Semper Fi brothers

But bad drivers on general are a problem. Throw in Phones on top of alcohol and it's a bad combination, never mind illegals and shit. Fuck this dude.

Analogy - If only the victim had not got in front of the bullet........

I don't think anyone is blaming the bikers for being hit by a truck. Saying the deceased might've fared better if they were wearing helmets isn't blaming the victim, it's a simple fact. If everyone on here made decisions based on what other people should do and how other people are supposed to act, then nobody here would need a concealed carry permit. But expecting people to act the way you think they should is a mistake. There's a lot of idiots and assholes and whatever other adjective you want to use, so I'm going to prepare myself as best I can. When I ride my motorcycle, I wear a helmet, everytime. And not one of those faggy half-helmets either.

Reactions: thejeep
I don't think anyone is blaming the bikers for being hit by a truck. Saying the deceased might've fared better if they were wearing helmets isn't blaming the victim, it's a simple fact. If everyone on here made decisions based on what other people should do and how other people are supposed to act, then nobody here would need a concealed carry permit. But expecting people to act the way you think they should is a mistake. There's a lot of idiots and assholes and whatever other adjective you want to use, so I'm going to prepare myself as best I can. When I ride my motorcycle, I wear a helmet, everytime. And not one of those faggy half-helmets either.

Havent seen one report whether they were wearing helmets or not.

and I dont care. Its not a factor.

The guy had an OUI CWOF'd a month prior after previous arrests for intoxication.

The primary factor was his being behind the wheel when he should not have been.

How about the guy in FL two weeks ago that got hit by lightning while riding.

Hit him in the helmet.

Guess we should ride with our bikes properly grounded and outfitted with lightning rods - guy was so irresponsible.

Sure you bring up the obvious "Maybe" someone did have a head injury that would have been lessened by wearing a helmet but lets eliminate the risk all together......dont ride bikes....better yet, dont go outside, dont leave your house, dont live a life - you will be safe.

I think we have jumped to a lot of conclusions that are not supported by the reports.
We know that the pickup driver failed to maintain his lane. Whether it's because of the sun, drugs, alcohol, texting, sleeping or any other reason is unknown. What ever the reason he's a POS for his actions.
RIP to those that were in the wrong place.

Reactions: GONE BAD

MRMV head resigns citing her agency’s failure to revoke license after first DUI.

A story is emerging and it does not look good for the driver or the company he worked for... or the agency that licensed him.

RMV is expert at wringing taxes out of people... but apparently not so hot when it comes to following their own rules about issuing and revoking licenses from the criminally dangerous.

Every day this story stinks more.

Sirhr

Havent seen one report whether they were wearing helmets or not.

and I dont care. Its not a factor.

The guy had an OUI CWOF'd a month prior after previous arrests for intoxication.

The primary factor was his being behind the wheel when he should not have been.

How about the guy in FL two weeks ago that got hit by lightning while riding.

Hit him in the helmet.

Guess we should ride with our bikes properly grounded and outfitted with lightning rods - guy was so irresponsible.

Sure you bring up the obvious "Maybe" someone did have a head injury that would have been lessened by wearing a helmet but lets eliminate the risk all together......dont ride bikes....better yet, dont go outside, dont leave your house, dont live a life - you will be safe.

Nice hyperbole. You sound like a millennial. I suppose you don't wear a seatbelt, lock the door to your house, or clean your carry gun, either.

You look at this incident and say, "That person should've never been driving!" It'd be smarter to look at this incident and say, "The government is allowing smackheads to drive 7000lb trucks on the road, maybe I should wear a helmet when I ride." Or don't. Your next of kin can argue over whose fault it was; at least you looked cool going out.

Safety equipment aside, there is no argument about whose fault it was.

One could take the safety equipment argument even farther and say something equally moronic like, "They were just out there riding for fun. Not going anywhere important. They took unnecessary risks, and if they hadn't been on the road then the truck and trailer wouldn't have hit them." Of course, then they could have been at home, and the same jacked up asshole might have plowed his right through their living rooms and still got them. Hmmm... I think I'll start wearing a helmet while watching TV at home.

Yeah, hyperbole. It swings both ways.

Nice hyperbole. You sound like a millennial. I suppose you don't wear a seatbelt, lock the door to your house, or clean your carry gun, either.

You look at this incident and say, "That person should've never been driving!" It'd be smarter to look at this incident and say, "The government is allowing smackheads to drive 7000lb trucks on the road, maybe I should wear a helmet when I ride." Or don't. Your next of kin can argue over whose fault it was; at least you looked cool going out.

And you sound like someone that thinks whats right for you is right for everyone else and there should be a law to have them do as you do.

You know on 95N just as you cross from MA to NH, on the right side BDL is the access for the one and only NH rest area on 95.

My custom was to pull in there and strap my helmet to my pack so I could enjoy my ride up into the mountains without the wind trying to rip my head off.

Havent cleaned my duty gun since last firing because after the last breakdown I function tested it with live ammo and I have no doubts it will fire next time its needed.

I sometimes light fire crackers too.

Go run your own life and stay out of others.

All I was getting at is could the defense argue that the bikers were following to closely and contributed to the severity of the wreck?

All I was getting at is could the defense argue that the bikers were following to closely and contributed to the severity of the wreck?

Defend all he wants thats his job.

"Maybe had her dress not been so short she wouldnt have been raped"

:(

• Angry
Reactions: Sean the Nailer
From what is coming out about the mook that caused the accident, I think it's going to be hard to blame the victims at any level.

Agree, pack riding is risky. Agree, riding without helmets (if they were, in fact doing so), increases risk of fatality in event of crash. Motorcycling is riskier than sitting in front of the TV in a beanbag chair naked and eating Cheetos.

But the fact is that if the Slavic Sumbitch who was driving that truck had been off the road due to his previous record... 5 marines and two spouses would be alive today. The government that had all the indicators that they needed to take him off the road and put him in jail (or deport him for criminal narcotics charges) chose to do nothing.

They have plenty of reach and power to attack Teaparty members with the IRS. To accuse "militias" with made-up terms. To go after Paul Manafort's Suit Purchases... But when it comes to getting a drugged-up scumbag off the road... crickets.

The fact that he killed 7 prior service Marine Corps motorcyclists is irrelevant. Given his track record, he could have driven his truck through a Kindergarten. He could have run into a school bus full of kids on a church picnic. He could have plowed down any one of your wives or brothers or sisters or children.

Where was the vaunted gummint... happy to take your tax dollars and come after you for... whatever. When we had a clear cut case of a problem driver. And they missed/ignored/blew off acting to save American lives.

This is utter proof that you can expect the regulatory agencies to come after the compliant and the easy targets with full force of law... make you write checks, fill out forms, comply with stupid rules put in place to... give them jobs. But when it comes to someone violating ALL their rules and laws... crickets chirping and nothing done. Until he kills 7 great Americans. Then "Oh, well, we have to look at our procedures."

Their procedures were fine for forcing law abiding citizens into compliance. Their procedures were non-existent when it came to dealing with scumbag violators.

Now, apply this to the enforcement of anti-2A laws.

And ask how any of it makes any sense.

This scumbag should get electrocuted, hung, shot, burned at the stake and then deported in a Chinese Take-Out box....

Sirhr