• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7 saum with Berger 175 elite hunters

jd5521

Master Blaster
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2017
Texas
Does anyone have a load worked up for a 7 saum using the 175 elite hunters that they could share? Interested in trying this bullet out.

Looking to build a 7 saum interested I run the 175 in my 7 mag now they shot pretty damn good

Update: I’m running 57.5 gr of H4350 now and the load is hammering. Haven’t chronographed them yet but I bet they are touching 3000 fps or better. These are not seating depth sensitive it seems. I’m running a coal of 2.97 and 1/2 moa from 100 to 800 so far.

Reactions: BallisticPrimate
Update: I’m running 57.5 gr of H4350 now and the load is hammering. Haven’t chronographed them yet but I bet they are touching 3000 fps or better. These are not seating depth sensitive it seems. I’m running a coal of 2.97 and 1/2 moa from 100 to 800 so far.
Any update on the chrono results for your load?

Reactions: BallisticPrimate
H4831, N165, R23 and R26
would probably be my my first picks for 168/175’s.
I wouldn’t bother with magnum primers.

I've had great results with the 175eh in a 7rem mag and my new 7sst. 60ish grains of rl26 in the sst has them flying 2970fps out of a 22" barrel. I know that's a hot ass load, but cold bore shots have been hitting the same spot on my 800yd plate every time, and the follow ups (2-5) are right there as well with shot 5 getting ever so sticky on the bolt lift.

Did you ever try the R23 and 175. Interested in your results.
Yes sir, just shot more yesterday. Just barely over 100 rounds so I expect a little more velocity increase. Barrel has just started to speed up, it was about 30 fps faster than when I shot it 2 months ago.

58.5 R23, 175 EH, 1x fired and neck sized ADG brass.
Switched to Fed GM 215M primers, they gave lower ES and SD than the Tula LRM.
2.99” COAL

2,780 fps (oehler chrono 10’ from muzzle)

0.5” group at 100y.

I‘m ready for Wyoming….

1EC8FC0A-BE39-4CBC-8EEA-7155A3B0A986.jpeg

I’m interested to read other’s bullet performance on game. Trying to find results is hit and miss.

I’m interested to read other’s bullet performance on game. Trying to find results is hit and miss.
I hit my bull elk at 880yds, 175gr elite hunter at 3040fps. He was quartered away slightly, entered behind the ribs and bullet was lodged in the hide on the opposite shoulder. He took no more than 2 steps and tipped over.

My California bighorn ram just a couple weeks ago, was 780yds, 175gr eh at 2970fps, hit broadside high and a little further back than I like, but broke the spine and opened up the lungs, he expired pretty quick. 4" exit on the far side.

I'm pretty happy with the performance on game with these elite hunters. Idk about smashing shoulders with them, maybe inside 500yds, but all-in-all I have no desire to try to improve with something else

I ran 175s in a 7 mag before a 7 saum. Took several deer with in the 7 mag. Farthest was 150ish yards. Both deer were hit behind the shoulder and came out the other shoulder. 2-3" exit hole on both deer . Hit a pig at 400 yards quarters away from me. Hit in the neck, came out the jaw, blew half the jaw up, more wind than I thought at 400. None of the animals went more than 20 yards

Anyone running these out of short action with the 7saum?