• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear 70+’’ tripod

Baron85

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2012
I’m ready to upgrade my tripod. Current is an old Gitzo I bought off Craigslist and it’s under 60”. I’m 6’5” and tired of being hunched over glassing as matches. To stand comfortably I need 70-72” tripod height. I’m running a rrs bh55.

I know that RRS is going to be recommended but I’m not real wanting to spend that much plus doesn’t appear they are available or tall enough.

I am looking at the PVA COMP 40, leofoto 404c, leofoto so362c, and the fat boy tripods. Are there other tripods that are tall enough and recommended?

I have played with the 2 vets, and smaller leofoto at matches they are just a hair too short. I was satisfied with the quality and stability, especially coming from my old gitzo.

Just picked up a Gitzo GT3541XLS, it goes up to 6'-6". I don't have any experience with it having just arrived, but here are the specs. If you search here, you will find the previous owner who had it for a couple of years, at least.

Best of luck!!