• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

700 aac-sd, mdt lss chassis, kryptek camo

Quickdrawn

Private
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2013
So this is my light weight/long range hunting build. Remington 700 aac-sd in 308, 1:10 twist, surefire 7.62 brake, MDT LSS chassis, vortex 6.5-20x50mm scope (mildot), Remington x mark pro adjustable trigger (don't hate, I really like them). Cerakote in patriot brown, straight barrel fluting, Remington style titanium spiral bolt fluting, campfire bolt knob, and skeletonized bolt handle all done by Karl Feldkamp of Kampfeld custom ( Kampfeld Custom - Custom Rifles, Custom Gunsmithing ). Kryptek highlander camo dip was done by SWXinc. In all it weights in at ~8lbs (approximate because it was a luggage scale, might be a little off). It smacks clay pidgeons at 300yds and shoots well below sub MOA consistently. Hoping to get a silencer within this year for it.

Rkyprtek 3.jpgRkryptek 1.jpgRkryptek 2.jpg

I just don't care much of the Kryptek looks.

How durable would you say it is?

First impression is it's probably a little less durable than duracoat. But as long as you aren't dropping it down hills and smacking into rocks an trees like a bull in a china shop it'll stay for the long haul. Cost $100 for the whole chassis to get dipped. SXW has a bunch of other patterns too.

Thanks for the compliments, I put a lot of thought into this build as I plan on carrying it as my hunting rifle for years to come. As for the small fore end I plan to add a magpul angled fore grip to it that's coming off of one of my ar-15s. It's super light and balances very well. I'm a happy camper! :). You might see my pics displayed on MDT's facebook here soon as they asked me to send in a better pic so they can put it up.