• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

700 ADL Rifle

lobo56

Minuteman
Feb 18, 2009
Texas
OK. :confused: Stupid Question........but I am having an argument with someone......so here goes.......

One can use a ADL receiver to build a custom gun? The receiver can be turned into a BDM setup?

OK.....go ahead......give me hell, but I told him I would get someone else's opinion to show him.

Thanks

absolutely, the receivers are the same. The only difference is the magazine box. the ADL is a blind magazine the BDL is a hinged floor plate or mag. PCR built me an awesome gun off an old ADL

I have an ADL. It's the same thing as other 700s, just cheaper (and about as cheap as a blank receiver). If I were to start a 700 build, I'd just go down to Academy and pick one with the right bolt face and action length and call it good.

You just have to buy a stock and BDM from either aftermarket, BDL, CDL.........right? The ADL has the threaded holes to put a hinged bottom or detachable.....correct?

A buddy was trying to justify a 243 SPS to put a barrel and stock on later. This bolt face is good for what calibers? I was trying to tell him to just buy a cheaper ADL~~!

Yes, you can drop that into a stock and use the SA BDL floor plate. You won't need the middle screw that the ADL uses (the forward trigger guard screw) That short action I am told will handle 22-250, 243, 308, maybe others but I do not have that information. Please correct me if I am wrong guys.