• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

700 barrel setup

BB KoncepZ

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2011
Alabama
Bought a new in box 700 sps tactical .308 as a little brother to the .338 700p i had at the time. The sps tactical was advertised as a 1:10 twist which is why i jumped on it. Come to find out its a 12 instead of a 10.... The trigger issue isnt an issue cuz its gettin replaced. Im just wonderin if i should fit a custom barrel or if i should send gun to get trigger replaced and then sell myself and get an aac-sd or somethin comparable.

Yep the 1:10 really doesn't come in to play until you get to the real heavies. I'll probably get shot over this, but I think the 1:12 will stabilize a wider range of bullet weights.

I have a Tactical with the 1:12 twist. It shoots the 175 SMK's lights out. I wouldn't worry about the 1:10 unless you are planning on shooting the 190-208 class bullets.

I would like to get on up to 180s or so....
Who should i look at for a barrel?
Bartlein, Hart, ...??

I'd stay with 1:12 which will work with the 155's and 185's, both of which will do what you want.

Guess i will jus do the timney trigger and bolt knob and scope for now and see how it goes