• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

700 LTR

cb1000h

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2012
Pa
Just bought a Rem 700 LTR 308 and love it Shot it for the first time with a Trijicon TR20 accupoint 3x9x40 on it
Though the scope is nice I am planning on switching it out for something like a Millett or Vortex Viper
I might put the Trij on a Ar or sell it later
It is my understanding that the LTR w/20" has a 1:12 twist
and I would like to get a Detachable Box mag for it as recomendations for a drop it piece. HS which makes the stock has on but is is a drop in?
Thanks
Wayne

Re: 700 LTR

I want to say yes the HS bottom metal for the detachable mag is a drop in for there stock. Let someone else confirm that but I think it is. I havn't got around to udgrading the bottom metal yet. PM gunfighter14e2 he has a HS stock with HS bottom metal in it he will know for sure or not if any fitting was require.

This may sound stupid but what is bottom metal?

changing the plate at the bottom of the stock under the action can allow for use of detachable magazines instead of using the internal mag and having to load/unload from the top.

Check that the HS dbm works with AICS-compatible mags. If not, I'd recommend CDI, Seekins or similar.

HS DBM is a drop in for the HS stock, it will require just a bit of trimming.

The Wyatt is also a drop in.

Niether uses the AI mags.

HS are vaporware right now, I would suggest you look at either the Hooper Ordnance or CDI.

Will do
Thank you all for your advise and time
New guy like this site and I'm looking forward to getting into this aspect of shooting

Wayne

Wayne B,
May I suggest you give GA Precision a call and ask about them installing Badger bottom metal. It uses the AICS mags.
Jack