• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

700 SPS Varmint

JesusQueen

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2011
Not sure if anyone cares, but, I just recieved my new SPS Varmint in .308 and it came with the X-Mark trigger.

Neither remingtons website or Buds listed this gun with that trigger. Im pleased to say the least.

Re: 700 SPS Varmint

thats what mine came with too. i think they started putting them in 07 with the regurlar X-Marks then Switvh to the X-Mark Pro a year later after so many complains on the first X-Mark. Both suck in my opinion best off upgrading to a Jewell or Timeny. My opinion comes from having a Jewell to begin with then trying the Death Mark Pro when it came on my action but to each his own. Enjoy, those varmints shoot really well esspecially if upgraded to a free float stock like an H.S or McMillian,ect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: E3C3H3O3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">woooo hooooo, sorry feeling a bit sarcastic today </div></div>
lol we all have those days mine usually end in Y

I'm interested in one how is the QC on Remington rifles today same as two or three years ago
wink.gif

Good for you. I hope that it shoots great for you. I would try to do something with the stock but the trigger is fine. You don't have to throw money at a brand name trigger, just learn to use the one you have. Get that stock floated or replaced and it should shoot well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wreck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dude enjoy i reticently got one as well and if you want to change anything on go with Bell and Carson stock </div></div>

I actually put a new stock on it right away. I went with the B&C A3 Hook style. I like it quite a bit. As far as the trigger is concerned, I find it quite acceptable

I've got a friend who's really into older rifles and sometimes it makes me really sit back and think about what a bunch of pussies we are complaining about triggers like the X-mark vs what people were using 50 to 100 years ago. I mean my God some of those things feel like you're dragging an anchor through sand and rocks and yet we complain about something that by comparison breaks like glass and is buttery smooth and light.

i got one recently just installed my McREES precision chassis today happy to say the least it also has an x mark trigger but i will be upgading to a timney soon

Enjoy your SPS 308!

I fired 20 lappers through mine, rolled in 660 grit to smooth up the bore a bit. Bedded it into an HTG stock with Devcon 10110.

Put together a load to zero it with, and it went .9 moa for five rounds, four into .6 moa. It has potential. Starting real load workup tomorrow.

Here's mine in an HTG stock, 16X Super Sniper in Burris DD mounts. Badger Ord alloy bottom metal.
CopyofP2120008.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whitetrashmo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i got one recently just installed my McREES precision chassis today happy to say the least it also has an x mark trigger but i will be upgading to a timney soon </div></div>
that a boy! you know what i mean then, you must shoot a lot like myself and knows what he likes

My SPS-Varmint came with the X-Mark. Many of the newer rifles are coming with the X-Mark Pro Adjustable. I don't know when the switchover was.

The X-Mark Pro Adjustable on our AAC-SD will only adjust down to around 4lbs. with the "adjustment screw" in the trigger shoe. If I want to go lower than that I will have to actually remove the action and use the internal screw in the housing.

Remington does not recommend this for an end-user but an Armorer may do it as long as they stay in Remington's guidelines for pull weight.

I did adjust the X-Mark on my SPS-V awhile back, but it would not keep a consistent adjustment. It kept creeping heavier. It was replaced with a pre-2006 and then a Timney 510.

The trigger on the AAC-SD is heavy, but it breaks very clean. I am going to stick with it for awhile, because it is not the limiting factor in the rifles accuracy.

My SPS (along with all of them made after 2006? or 2007?) came with the XMark. It's a bit heavy, and I finally decided to adjust it, but havent been out to range yet to see what I think about it.

But, all in all, I have been very happy with my rifle. I put a EGW base and Warne rings, along with a Vortex Viper 6.5-20X44 for a "budget" setup, and is a very accurate rifle. Ive had it over a year now, and couldnt be any happier with it. Well, the stock has finally drove me nuts, and Ive decided to put a B&C on her.
But, once I change the stock, that is all I am going to do to this rifle. It has been sub MOA from day one, and for what it is, I see no point in making any more changes to it. (that is what my 7MM Rem Mag is for!!!
wink.gif

I have the x-mark pro on my SPS Tactical. I found erniethegunsmith.com, and ordered the spring for the trigger. Backing out the front screw and replacing it with the new spring, and adjusting the screw in the trigger shoe, I not have a clean and repeatable 2.5# pull weight on the x-mark pro with essentially no creep. Best $6.00 I have ever spent on a trigger job...