• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

700 trigger...Jewell?

user

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2009
USA
Looking at getting a new trigger for a 700 and am wondering what you guys are useing or think of the jewell with safety?

The models with safety are a lot lighter, but no safety seems a little edgy...but not to bad.

Is there an drop in aftermarket trigger for the 700 that has safety and can be set to 1 #?

Thnaks

Re: 700 trigger...Jewell?

the jewell. i currently have my HVR set at one pound with a working safety. and the best part is that i can go lower

I love my Jewell HVR trigger. It is set to just under 1 pound. I recommend getting one for yourself.

To each his own, I for one dont like the Jewell. Cant stand the narrow smooth trigger shoe. I have Timney triggers myself on all of my rifles, all set at 1#.

Jewell's are great triggers but they are not for everyone. I agree with USMCj about the narrow shoe. The edges are so sharp that I dread shooting a moderate to heavy recoiling rifle with one. I use a lot of Rifle Basix's around here. They always need to be fiddled with when installed but don't they all.

can the Rifle basix get down to a pound with a reliable safety?

You want it down to 1? My trigger is at 2.5 and I couldn't imagine bringing it down below 2.

My friends rifle has a jewel. I like it but a few of my other friends really don't like how it feels at all.

When a trigger is set at 1 pound or below, you really will not knotice the shape of the trigger. It will fire before the pad of your finger compresses around it. I have a jewel set at 12 oz. I don't like the narrow trigger shoe either, but after sending 500 plus rounds through it, I like it just fine.
My suggestion is try to test drive a couple.
YMMV-Rob

Jewell is the way to go. Its a drop in replacement with very little work if any to make it fit. I have mine set at 1 pound and love it. Plus its adjustable from 1.5 ounces to 3 pounds by swapping out the springs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seaaggie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the jewell. i currently have my HVR set at one pound with a working safety. and the best part is that i can go lower </div></div>

+1

I have a Jewell installed on a LR hunting rig. At 2.5# is just fine for light gloves. I really don't notice any trigger edge with the recoil of the rifle (257 Wby).

I guess whatever trips your trigger