• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

7005r or fun spr

urmaker45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2013
wise,va
Ok I think I've narrowed it down to a fn spr a2 bedded or a Remington 700 milspec 5r in a aics 1.5 stock . Which do you guys Think. I'm not worried about weight just plain accuracy moa what would be best bet. I'm putting a Bushnell hdmr elite scope on it

I love my 700 Police in an AICS 1.5. It out shoots me. There are some people that don't like the thumb hole on the AICS. I like it a lot but everyone is different.

I've never fired an FN SPR so I can't speak to the quality or accuracy of the gun.

I've had both, and still have the FN. Out of the box accuracy goes to the Remington, but bang for the buck goes to the FN for sure. One of the vendors here (Tactical Coordination I believe) sells them at amazing prices, already bedded. I like the Pre-64 action significantly more than the Remington action due to the controlled round feed, and 3-position safety. The FN comes with a nicer trigger (my opinion) which is easily adjustable by the end-user.Also, figure in the cost of the chassis, and the scope base coming with the FN, and the FN looks like a much better deal. That said, you won't go wrong with either one.

Yes ive been looking at tacoord fn and im just at a debate whether to get the fn and save a few hundred for the scope of get the 5r that is cerokoted black and buy the scope then save for the stock and just wondering if the 5r would be as accurate like .25 or .5 moa'

I have a 5R in an AICS AX chassis with NightForce NXS 3.5-15x56 glass. With its preferred loads (Lapua brass, 42.2 gr IMR 4064, CCI BR2 primer, 175 gr SMK) it is a <0.5 MOA shooter. I recommend this set-up.

FH

I have a 5R in an AICS AX chassis with NightForce NXS 3.5-15x56 glass. With its preferred loads (Lapua brass, 42.2 gr IMR 4064, CCI BR2 primer, 175 gr SMK) it is a <0.5 MOA shooter. I recommend this set-up.

FH

i have a tac ord fn spr a1, first time out it was shooting consistent 1/2 moa with prvi 168 match,which is awsome as it is cheap to plink/practice with. this is my 3rd fn spr. the 20'' a1a was a .5 moa gun all day and would shoot bulk military m80 ball at .7-.8 moa out to 400m.

that being said my next gun after reading alot of reviews will be a 5r .300 win mag. unless i can find a .300wsm a2 decently priced, then i will find a load for 208's or hybrid 215/230 and shoot it!

kenny