• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

75 amax in ar

19Scout77

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2007
GA
For those of you trying to push the ar boundaries and single feed 75 amaxes in your AR, what is max charge of varget you are using? How fast?

i dont shoot them in an ar but i use 25gr varget with lewpow brass. coal for me is 2.400
if you have the throat length im sure they will shoot for you.

I will have to dig out my old reloading book but I used to reload the 75s all the time for my AR. I had a Spikes Tactical with a 20" FN barrel (1:7 twist) on there and it would shoot sub MOA all day with 69 gr SMKs and 75 gr amax loads. Loaded them to fit in Pmags, never saw pressure issues of any sort.

23.8 gr here in Savage 26" varmint barrel. Tried them in AR but the 1:9 twist barrel shoots 68gr BTHP in much smaller groups.

18" 1:7 twist at high 26ish if I remember correctly. No pressure issues in my gun. I began work up at 22.5gr Gun has a Wylde chamber.