• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors 762 SD on a SBR

Snipenace

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2011
GA
I am wanting to get a MK18 from daniel defence it has a 10.3 inch barrel. Will the 762 sd work on a 556 with that short of a barrel and will I need a muzzle break or flash hider? does anyone have pics of this set up?

Re: 762 SD on a SBR

If you use the brake, the brake will take a lot more of the damage then the blast baffle. There was a thread with some pictures on one site showing the wear on an AAC brake after shooting quite a bit of ammo through an SBR. I did some searching but was not able to find it. After seeing the wear on the brake and not the blast baffle, I decided to run the AAC brake on both of my SBRs with the 762SDN6. You should have no problems using that suppressor on a SBR. Just be aware of the chance for increased wear from the shorter barrels.

The company I worked for had a safety/health fair and had the local sheriff's department SWAT guys come in. They brought in a few of their weapons, one of which was a G36C that had a AAC suppressor and AAC flashhider. The blast baffle had a lot of erosion!

No problems with my AAC brake or sdn-6 on my 12.7" repr, I would recommend you take the installation of the brake extremely serious if you're doing it yourself. I used the rockset that came with the brake and after 48 hours my brake still came unscrewed, I used blue loctite instead.

I had AAC destroy a SD a couple of months ago due to wear. The blast baffle was doing well but every one after was toast since it was not inconel like the new SDN-6. They said nothing less than 24" on a .308!!! Completely absurd since their literature says nothing like that. I believe they fall back to that when a can gets shot out. This was on a 16" with dual chamber brake.

I would not put the 18t model on a SBR. You will run a high risk of it unthreading during shooting. The vibrations play hell on that horrible mounting system. On the SBR's I would only trust the SD-N6 model, they seem to take about anything you have to throw at them.

He did not specify, he may have a 51T 726SD? That's what mine is. Otherwise KY you would be correct on the 18T ratchet mount.

I have run a 18T and M4 2000 on my 11 1/2" 556 without any issues to date.

it is a 51T. I want to use a break on it to help with the baffles but will it fit with the rail someone told me that it would hit the rail and some said it wouldnt. Or can I use the brakeout or do I have to use the flashhider. I probely wont shoot over a 1000 rounds a year with the supressor.

While I do not have that exact upper, I do have two SBR uppers that use the M4A1 RIS II rails. If you are looking at buying this rifle, then the brake mount will more than likely hit the rail before it is threaded on completely.

For my SBR uppers, I had the barrels cut down so that the barrel was just long enough to allow for the suppressor to be attached and have minimal distance to the start of the rail. Both barrels were cut down to 13.375" long. You can see the results here. So doing the math based on rail lengths and barrel lengths, you would need a barrel roughly 10.675" long to have the same amount of gap between the back of the brake and the start of the rail. You could try to reduce the gap but I don't think you will get near the 10.3" barrel on the DD MK18 rifle.

I pulled the spring out of my 7.62SD and threaded the hole that the spring went in to and put a set screw in it. It is no longer a QD but it stays put until I decide to remove it. Effin 18 tooth POS.

This will work fine. I have a 11.5 and 12.5 ....with m4-2000's. My shooting partner runs his m4-1000 ( earlier gen- I think its m4-1000?) with 18T mount with 10,000 rounds through it, his is 11.5 inch SBR. No issue.

Your 7.62 will work fine. I suggest the double chamber AAC brake to use as pseudo baffles. For that SBR, I would get the shorter , newer 7.62 SD-n6. Or m4-2000.