• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

77/22 replacement trigger

coyote sniper

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2012
ND
I just got done putting a shilen barrel on my 77/22 all-weather next project is a new trigger i replaced the sear and spring with timney parts and it made very little differnce. looking for suggestions???

thanks

Re: 77/22 replacement trigger

nope was wanting around the 2.0 lbs mark! that sear and spring didn't change it hardly at all didn't weigh it b4 and after but still around 5 lbs. I put a timney in a m77 mkII and that was AWSOME!!! I will have to look around and see if I can find a timney also I saw that brownells offers 2 differnt brands of triggers for the 77/22 (neither a timney) i was posting to see if one was better than the other.

not sure on those two triggers but i sent my 77/22 to cpc and he did a trigger job and bolt tightening ,also rechambered and target crown .it is around a 2#pull and it out shoots me now .
he can be found at rimfire central , or google .
o his name is randy.

Like most things in life it takes a little work. I had a Timmey sear and spring put in mine (which was an ugly 8 lbs from the factory...) it took some work but it is spot on at 2.5 lbs...took the shot group down by 50%....well worth the trouble and money.They are NOT a drop in assembly...Sounds like your trigger needs a little more love.....

Yeah i tried the sear and spring replacement got it down to a crisp 5.0 lbs
frown.gif
I called to talk to timney and they said suggested the sear/spring replacement. I told them that i had tried that they asked when I bought it which was 8-10 yrs ago they said they had updated them and that if I send my old one it that they will send me a new one!!