• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

77 SMK with H335

Shadowofjudgment

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 1, 2011
Colorado
Im looking for load data using a 77gr SMK with H335. Does anyone else use H335 for 77gr or does this powder burn to fast for this bullet weight? Suggestions?

Re: 77 SMK with H335

Well I've got plenty of data for loading I was more wondering if anyone had a pet load with the 77gr and h335.

I don't, or yet, shoot that particular bullet. But, as far as H335 with that weight range projectile, I'd say no problem.

I've used 23.5 gr. of H335 with a Berger 80.5 gr. LR with great results out of my 223 AI. Also I used 22.5 gr to do some fire forming. That did well too. Maybe next week I'll shoot some through the chrono and change my tune. In my load notebook I wrote, "can't get much better than this!".

I keep thinking that this powder is to fast for this weight despite its remarkable performance.

Work up your own load with this powder, its worth a try.

B

What were your results?

I've found H335 powder seems to burn too fast for me to get fast loads with the 77SMK.

My most accurate load is 22.4 grains. Any more and The groups start to open up.

Parker

Heaver bullets with "ball" - AA-2520 and a hot primer.

I was getting only around 2500 fps accurately before the pressure became an issue with the 77's.